• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you voted for Computer People as best Agency please explain why

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you voted for Computer People as best Agency please explain why

There appears to be puzzlement as how they could have won this, if you voted for them please enlighten the rest of us as to why they are the best.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Not me...one of the worst agencies ever worked through
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Not me...one of the worst agencies ever worked through
      WHS plus a million

Comment

Where was this vote?

I certainly wouldn't have voted for them if I'd seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          WHS plus a million
          Actually thinking about it some more...CP were bad - but even in their worst moments I never came close to physical violence like I did when at Alexander Mann Solutions
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

uh oh...what about A Mann, they've just been on the blower to me to work at a place where they are sole suppliers. So far impeccably professional and well prepared. Far more than any other agency I've come across. Slightly worried about the red tape and blaaaaah....but I don't disagree with any of it (yet)

Comment

I wonder how much they paid to be awarded the title?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                uh oh...what about A Mann, they've just been on the blower to me to work at a place where they are sole suppliers. So far impeccably professional and well prepared. Far more than any other agency I've come across. Slightly worried about the red tape and blaaaaah....but I don't disagree with any of it (yet)
                I had no real issues with Alex Mann, bit officious maybe.

Comment

I have a spreadsheet of all agency contact going back many years.

Computer People holds the record for having had more gig applications from me than any other agency.

Computer People holds the record for most applications / emails / calls from me despite never getting any response from them of any sort ever since at least August 1995. It is one of the few which has:

Last contact from agent: [ null ]

against it.

I have never worked with anyone I knew to be through Computer People.

I have never known Computer People to be on the PSL of any client I have been at.

I do not believe Computer People is a real agency. It is a cover for the Chinese Secret Services in much the same way as James Bond worked for Universal Import/Export Ltd.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

CP are by far the worst agency I've ever come across in over two decades of contracting. Somebody got a backhander then? Or the voting system such as it is is flawed.

Either way the same total tulipe every year.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X