• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiscali has gone from the UK - now its Talk Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiscali has gone from the UK - now its Talk Talk

An update for former Tiscali customers

Today we welcome all Tiscali customers to TalkTalk and open the doors to a new portal. We are in the privileged position of being the gateway to the internet for millions of people and we now have the tools – the best network and best value products – to do this exceptionally well.

From today the Tiscali brand is no more and we’re committed to giving all of our customers absolute clarity about who we are, the services we provide and the prices we charge.

We want to make it very clear that being part of TalkTalk is much more than just having a different logo on the top of your bill. For that reason we’ve reviewed all of the pricing tariffs and can say from today that if you’re with TalkTalk you’re getting the same value as your fellow customers.

For many of our customers this will mean a reduction in their monthly bills, others will see no change with the remainder getting a small increase. Any customer visiting our website can clearly see our tariffs.

We’ve gained a lot from the Tiscali acquisition, most notably TV and Portal expertise and some great people, but from today the brand name will disappear and our focus is on TalkTalk.
    sorry it is as clear as mud...

I am on an exchange that does not have any non BT providers so I am off network to most providers, meaning I do not qualify for the 'lowest price' rates, e.g I don't get free Broadband from Sky or Orange.

So, I check out Talk Talk's products which seem to offer inclusive calls to 0870/0845 numbers - no mention on my Tiscali Max package that I now get these for free.

If I try to upgrade to a Talk Talk package the price quoted seems quite high - my December Tiscali bill was £38 including all calls to mobiles, 0845 / 0870 numbers and some 'accidental' overuns on the free 1 hour landline calls, yet the nearest 'basic' package from Talk Talk is priced at £36 - not enough info given on the page as to really what that package includes.

And the portal is not integrated properly. If you go to www.tiscali.co.uk it redirects you through to the Talk Talk portal which you can sign in to the 'your account' section using the tiscali sign-in details.

If however you start browsing around the Talk Talk products and then try to sign in to upgrade, you are in a different sign-in screen which does NOT recognise the tiscali sign-in.

The actual blog post explaining the removal of the name - I only found it by accident whilst browsing theregister.co.uk - no emails to tell me nor anything on the front page of the portal message directing me to it.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

...So you have been rebranded, how about your service/cost ratio. could you get better for less??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
      ...So you have been rebranded, how about your service/cost ratio. could you get better for less??

PZZ
      I checked about 3 months ago - being 'off network' I'm better off staying where I am.

Well at least leaving the wife on it - I'll be moving out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        I checked about 3 months ago - being 'off network' I'm better off staying where I am.

Well at least leaving the wife on it - I'll be moving out soon.
        Has it been that bad at home?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Has it been that bad at home?
          yup we are separating and divorce proceedings will start soon.

Comment

Tiscali was the new AOL.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Tiscali was the new AOL.

HTH
              I don't think it is possible to be quite that bad.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Sorry to hear that matey.

Do you like movies about gladiators, btw ?
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Talk Talk are a nightmare. They pester us to death by calling us all the time about stuff despite me asking them not to repeatedly. I have tried to complain but it seems that they have no department to handle complaints. If it doesn't stop I'll have to find out who the directors are and complain to them personally. We have been offered a £4.99p a month deal with BT that includes all landline numbers including 0845/0870 etc.... and we're going to move from Talk Talk to BT.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Sorry to hear that chief
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X