• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rayburn's Packed Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rayburn's Packed Up

Of all the times to do it. Got a couple of inches of oil left in the tank but can't get it lit again - is it possible for the pipeline to get frozen up in these conditions?

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Of all the times to do it. Got a couple of inches of oil left in the tank but can't get it lit again - is it possible for the pipeline to get frozen up in these conditions?
    Cannot believe you are posting this drivel on here.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Cannot believe you are posting this drivel on here.
      I've got to cook dinner for 8 tonight and I have nobody else to turn to!

Comment

Yes, when did you buy the oil? Diesel is made thinner depending on the predicted weather temperature the same may apply the red Diesel.

PS: I remember on an old oil heating system there was a filter, its worth checking the filter.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Gel point of domestic oil is - 9.5 deg C. this is where the oil starts to block filters and jets.

You have not given us the ambient Temp so that's all I can say.

Couple of inches of oil left in the tank, then you are low, and it may be a case of low pressure feed due to low head of deisel combined with low temperature thickening.

Top up if this is the case.

HTH
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

When an oil tank gets low you also start getting cack in the filters.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

What do you need sunglasses for in this weather?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                To prevent snow blindness surely?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Snow blindness!

I put sunblock and lippy on too before going out chopping wood this morning.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes quite possibly. This happened at Moorfield Towers a few years ago before we had the oil replaced with gas (thank god) although a fat lot of good that has done as the gas appears to be running out now.

Comment

Working...
                    X