• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have-a-go hero stabbed to death after chasing muggers who stole woman's bag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have-a-go hero stabbed to death after chasing muggers who stole woman's bag

A have-a-go hero has died after being stabbed when he tried to stop two muggers who stole a woman's bag.

Sukhwinder Singh chased the thieves who robbed a 28-year-old woman near Barking station in east London yesterday evening.

When he caught up with the pair a fight broke out and the 31-year-old was stabbed.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...omans-bag.html

----

It's 2 dead wanna-be robbers shot by a good citizen who was entrusted with firearms that should be talked about in papers

If the daily mail are telling the truth its very very bad.

Comment

Anthing in Mail, including totally unsurprising description of perpetrators, must be biased.

The Mail implies things in more sensational terms perhaps but what they are telling us is the same as you will find in "more reputable" ie more liberal left sources.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle810556.ece
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/aug/28/ukcrime.ukguns
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oc...-police-london

I am not getting at the decent immigrants, properly checked useful people in moderate numbers are not the problem and colour/race is not the issue, but the reality of the poorly controlled migration we have had over 5 decades is a huge rise in crime.

In England, mugging, gun crime, fraud, credit card fraud, identity theft, skunk cannabis growing, heroine and cocaine smuggling, carjacking, drink driving and use of unsafe uninsured vehicles , people smuggling, prostitution and pickpocketing in the capital, homophobic and antisemitic
      attacks - all disproportionately down to migrants and minorities.

We should stop being blackmailed for fear of being called racist into this idiot pretence that they are all a benefit. All the above are from police reports quoted by the likes of The Guardian, Independent, BBC etc. Links if you want them.

And before any idiot pops up with "white British people commit crimes too" I would say I totally agree, but please explain how the fact that our society has many serious problems of its own is a good argument for importing even more from other countries.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 9 January 2010, 18:35.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Anthing in Mail, including totally unsurprising description of perpetrators, must be biased.

The Mail implies things in more sensational terms perhaps but what they are telling us is the same as you will find in "more reputable" ie more liberal left sources.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle810556.ece
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/aug/28/ukcrime.ukguns
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oc...-police-london

I am not getting at the decent immigrants, properly checked useful people in moderate numbers are not the problem and colour/race is not the issue, but the reality of the poorly controlled migration we have had over 5 decades is a huge rise in crime.

In England, mugging, gun crime, fraud, credit card fraud, identity theft, skunk cannabis growing, heroine and cocaine smuggling, carjacking, drink driving and use of unsafe uninsured vehicles , people smuggling, prostitution and pickpocketing in the capital, homophobic and antisemitic
        attacks - all disproportionately down to migrants and minorities.

We should stop being blackmailed for fear of being called racist into this idiot pretence that they are all a benefit. All the above are from police reports quoted by the likes of The Guardian, Independent, BBC etc. Links if you want them.

And before any idiot pops up with "white British people commit crimes too" I would say I totally agree, but please explain how the fact that our society has many serious problems of its own is a good argument for importing even more from other countries.

*Yawn*

Cheers

Comment

Sad, but also a fool. The risk was too high, for what? A handbag probably containing little money (who carries loads of dosh these days?), so probably just a few credit cards that can soon be cancelled and tampons. Chasing two guys, well bad guy no 2 was not likely going to let him take the bag back off of bad guy no.1 was he?
          Chasing one bad guy and trying to get the bag back = lower risk.
          Chasing 1 or two bad guys but keeping distance hoping they drop the bag or you find a copper on route = much lower risk.

Chasing 2 bad guys and having a fight trying to get the bag back - not worth the risk.

I do wish we would dish out much more servere punishment for such crimes.
          Last edited by SuperZ; 9 January 2010, 23:34.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            Chasing 2 bad guys and having a fight trying to get the bag back - not worth the risk.
            Indeed - without effective means of defence (firearms) that are denied to law abiding citizens in this country doing such a thing is stupid. So if you get robbed make sure you give all the cash you got, credit cards with PINs etc...

Comment

I do wish we would dish out much more servere punishment for such crimes.
              They committed a murder and will get life imprisonment.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Especially since these things in Barking must happen at least once a day, even you stop one you still get 364 occurences in a year to stop.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  They committed a murder and will get life imprisonment.

playstation in prison in order for their human rights not to be violated whilst they wait for early release

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

playstation in prison in order for their human rights not to be violated whilst they wait for early release
                    Just as well the perpetrators didn't have guns...

Comment

Working...
                    X