• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me, Amsterdam and the Professor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me, Amsterdam and the Professor

The wife and I are spending the weekend in Amsterdam, staying in the friendliest B&B with a very gracious host attending our every need. It would not take you long to find where we are staying going by the great reviews this guy has.

Last night we had a long chat with a professor from a well established university in London. We had a lot to take about really great conversation and a number of shared interests. He talked, with pride, about his wife and children back home and the conference that brought him out here, an hour passed before I knew it. I had a respect for him by the end admired his insights and status,

As we approached the breakfast room, the next morning, we could hear the host was eagerly engaged in conversion with his partner, We joined in. We soon learned about the young blonde thing the professor brought home last night. The host was well surprised, more so that she did not even get a cup of coffee as she left this morning. Apparently she had a lecture to go to.

What got me was just how casual Mr prof was at portraying himself as upstanding, respected and knowledgeable (of which I've no doubt) member society he was. I've never met someone like that - just brought home to me what a cocoon I live in!

Trust no-one agent Scully, especially a Londoner....
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Working...
X