• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Myleene Klass warned by police after scaring off intruders with knife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myleene Klass warned by police after scaring off intruders with knife

Myleene Klass, the broadcaster and model, brandished a knife at youths who broke into her garden – but has been warned by police that she may have acted illegally.

Miss Klass, a model for Marks & Spencer and a former singer with the pop group Hear'Say, was in her kitchen in the early hours of Friday when she saw two teenagers behaving suspiciously in her garden.

The youths approached the kitchen window, before attempting to break into her garden shed, prompting Miss Klass to wave a kitchen knife to scare them away.

Miss Klass, 31, who was alone in her house in Potters Bar, Herts, with her two-year-old daughter, Ava, called the police. When they arrived at her house they informed her that she should not have used a knife to scare off the youths because carrying an "offensive weapon" – even in her own home – was illegal.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ith-knife.html

-----------

Great laws...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    -----------

Great laws...
    It would be better if you could get police who actually know the law...

The offensive weapon legislation is about not having one in a public place. Your home is not public, neither is you back garden. You can look up the rest of it if you care...

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatut..._19530014_en_1
    Prevention of Crime Act 1953

1953 CHAPTER 14 1_and_2_Eliz_2

An Act to prohibit the carrying of offensive weapons in public places without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.
    [6th May 1953]
    [F11 Prohibition of the carrying of offensive weapons without lawful authority or reasonable excuse
    (1)Any person who without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, the proof whereof shall lie on him, has with him in any public place any offensive weapon shall be guilty of an offence, and shall be liable—
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I hope she doesn't accept a police caution for this as she wasn't breaking the law.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I hope she doesn't accept a police caution for this as she wasn't breaking the law.
        Read TFA. As one might expect from the Telegraph, most of it is written by her publicist, and none of it justifies the headline.

I honestly cannot understand how intelligent people can read this kind of garbage without seeing through it.

AtW: I strongly recommend two books to you. One is Nick Davies's Flat Earth News, pub.2008. The other is Lies, Damned Lies and Some Exclusives by Henry Porter, pub.1984. (You should be able to get hold of a copy of the latter via AbeBooks; I did the other year.)

Actually, I don't just recommend them to AtW, but to everybody. Porter's is particularly good at explaining how the Press word things in such a way as to make you think they said a certain thing when in fact they said nothing of the kind, they just made you think it - this seems to be a common problem, judging by the posts made here by many

Comment

C'mon Nick - we are just making conversation. There are many on here who are critical of what is in the newspapers (unless it is the Torygraph)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            C'mon Nick - we are just making conversation. There are many on here who are critical of what is in the newspapers (unless it is the Torygraph)
            I'm just making conversation

I learnt a lot from those books (particularly Porter's) and I like to share such things with others. I'm sorry if I came across as snarky; that wasn't my intention

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'm just making conversation

I learnt a lot from those books (particularly Porter's) and I like to share such things with others. I'm sorry if I came across as snarky; that wasn't my intention
              Yes it was

Well done that man
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Porter's is particularly good at explaining how the Press word things in such a way as to make you think they said a certain thing when in fact they said nothing of the kind, they just made you think it - this seems to be a common problem, judging by the posts made here by many
                Indeed.

The easiest way round this is to believe nothing you read or what people say.

You can't go wrong then.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  Indeed.

You can't go wrong then.
                  Fair makes you wonder what the papers are for these days. They stopped producing news yonks ago, then the comments got a bit sparse, now they are not even any use at conversation starters

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Indeed.

You can't go wrong then.
                    Works for me!
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X