• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV 'Authorisation' & UST Global

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV 'Authorisation' & UST Global

A couple of extract from a recent email:

"As discussed, please confirm and send your Updated CV.
    a) Your authorization to Avance to submit your CV to UST Global
    b) That you have not submitted your CV to UST Global in the last 6 months."

"I……………………. Authorize, Avance Consulting to submit my resume to UST Global London base position and also confirm that I have not applied to any of the positions with UST Global either directly or indirectly in the past 6 months, If anybody has / had submitted my resume, it is without my knowledge and acceptance."

Normally agents just ask for verbal permission to forward a CV. Any views on this email? No way do I want to get tied in to an agent or anything.

Also are UST Global OK to work for?

Thanks
    Last edited by xux42; 10 January 2010, 11:41.

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
    A couple of extract from a recent email:

"As discussed, please confirm and send your Updated CV.
    a) Your authorization to Avance to submit your CV to UST Global
    b) That you have not submitted your CV to UST Global in the last 6 months."

"I……………………. Authorize, Avance Consulting to submit my resume to UST Global London base position and also confirm that I have not applied to any of the positions with UST Global either directly or indirectly in the past 6 months, If anybody has / had submitted my resume, it is without my knowledge and acceptance."

Normally agents just ask for verbal permission to forward a CV. Any views on this email? No way do I want to get tied in to an agent or anything.

Also are UST Global OK to work for?

Thanks
    Never heard of UST Global. Still, I've worked for Barclays on two occasions, and the agents - and Barclays themselves - insisted that you had to have been away from them for 6 months before you could work for them again as a contractor.

Not having had your CV submitted for 6 months does seem rather strange, though. TBH, if you haven't had a cv submitted to them in 6 months, I wouldn't worry about it.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

So Avance is the agent and UST Global the client.
      Originally posted by xux42 View Post
      Avance are asking for written clarification that they can solely represent you to this client. Should another agency get involved, they will wave your response and say "xux42 MUST go through us at UST Global".

This suggests they are only permitted to send 2 or 3 CVs and they have been stung in the past when they have presented Fred Bloggs to ClientCo and ClientCo has taken Fred Bloggs through a different agency.

This is just Avance covering their backside.

Some agencies occasionally ask for an email reply saying you have chosen them to represent you, the wording above is just a bit more butch than usual.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X