• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are Tories not doing right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are Tories not doing right?

Dave was embarrassed last Wednesday, which is becoming a habit, but this time it was at the hands of Gordon at PMQs, which is some achievement.

Labour might be a poor old lot, and no voter could reasonably deny they are an economic disaster, but they aren't that far behind in the polls.

Many are tipping a hung parliament after the election, and some even think Labour will get back in to give us another five years of "no more boom and bust". The Tories seem to be f***ing-up an open goal, on a grand scale.

So I thought I'd ask the CUK political engineering congregation a serious question - what do you think Dave and his Tories should do now to improve their chances of a majority?

They could try detailing some policies - everything is fluff at the moment.

Comment

Cameron is too smarmy... he looks like you could trust him about as far as you could throw him...
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I read somewhere today that the tories don't want to destabilise el-gordo too much right now because they want him to be leader for the general election and as a result as going easy on him at the moment.

Could all be utter crap tho

Comment

People have become so deeply disillusioned in politicians of all parties that apathy and feelings of futility have taken over.

I have no faith that Daves mob will be appreciably better than Gordon and his cronies, they're all as corrupt and useless as each other.

Comment

Worst UK recesssion since the year dot. Every other major economy has a shallower and short recession.

"Prudence"

"An end to boom and bust"

Expenses scandal - okay that hit all parties, but Labour came out of it worst.

"Labour 'investment' vs Tory cuts" - and that was less than 6 months ago. Now they're admitting there will be sweeping cuts under Labour. Why aren't the voters punishing them for what is clear dishonesty.

I stll can't fathom why this election still isn't a dead cert. It should be all over bar the shouting.

Comment

The merde is already in flight to the fan and once it arrives there is going to be massive suffering for everyone in the UK. The worse to suffer will be the weakest to stand it such as pensioners and other benefit recipients (I know there are a load of dole cheats, but let’s skip that for a moment). Why would Cameron want that to be attached to his name?

If I were in his underpants I would be praying to the election gods for a hung parliament. The snot goblin will retain power and will be forced to bring in these extremely painful austerity measures. His government will fall quickly and the Conservatives will be in with the last lot to blame for the pain.

Simples.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                what do you think Dave and his Tories should do now to improve their chances of a majority?
                Call for immediate private audience with Her Majesty during which he should use all his skills to convince her that the right course of action is to order the immediate disbanding of current Parliament by arresting all Labour MPs and putting them on trial for treason followed by swift implementation of whatever sentence they get after that trial (I suggest put them for life in Tower and let people in to see them there for a fiver).

All those who provided substantial finances (say donations over £1000) to the Nu Liebour should be in jail with them also - this should include union leaders who should share full responsibility for the actions of the Govt that they financed.
                Last edited by AtW; 10 January 2010, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Call for immediate private audience with Her Majesty during which he should use all his skills to convince her that the right course of action is to order the immediate disbanding of current Parliament by arresting all Labour MPs and putting them on trial for treason followed by swift implementation of whatever sentence they get after that trial (I suggest put them for life in Tower and let people in to see them there for a fiver).
                  I'm way ahead of you.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

All those who provided substantial finances (say donations over £1000) to the Nu Liebour should be in jail with them also - this should include union leaders who should share full responsibility for the actions of the Govt that they financed.
                    That's a bright idea!!! The last time a Monarch forcibly disolved a Westminster parliament there was a civil war culminating in the execution of the Monarch.

Comment

Working...
                    X