• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh, it feels good!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, it feels good!

Oh, it feels good to put that signature on a new contract and in the post after a year of hell working on the dark side, notice handed in and a very reputable agency who I worked for numerous times in the past.

well done, sector if we may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
      Oh, it feels good to put that signature on a new contract and in the post after a year of hell working on the dark side, notice handed in and a very reputable agency who I worked for numerous times in the past.
      Why did you leave your permie gig?
      Obviously when prospective employers interview contractors they think as soon as another contract comes along, they'll be off.

And congrats btw. I hope you do thorough and professional handovers with permy gig.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I left permie gig because of...

A)The way staff were treated was appalling, made everyone redundant prior to Christmas and if they wanted to be paid, it was in the hands of the Administrators
        B)They started up a new company the following day and I was Tupe'd over yet the staff who got made redundant have not seen their money / salary
        C)They revolve around pyramid selling (to them it's network marketing as pyramid selling is illegal) and... I have a conscience
        D)They did not let me take holiday as I was one of the only people there to modify / enhance their system hence I have over three weeks leave from last year to take. Every time I wanted to take leave with a lot of notice it was no!
        E)Due to financial cutbacks we were asked to work a four day week with a 20% cut in salary, fine but due to business needs we had to work five days, with the extra day being taken off in lieu
        F)Lots more reasons.

Professional handover - there is no one to handover to now. I would never leave a client unhappy (burn bridges etc) but for the reasons stated above, I know it's not a professional attitude but it's not my concern anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
          Professional handover
          I should find the water tank for the premises and crap in it.

Well done for finding something so quickly.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sector - A software house, 30 minutes drive, great daily rate, banking, POS and retail

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I should find the water tank for the premises and crap in it.

Well done for finding something so quickly.
              Appreciated - Bl**dy tough grilling at interview though. You know, the technical ones where you come out feeling drained !

Comment

Well done on the new gig! Any hint of a name and shame?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Congrats Solent
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Congrats.

More room on the bench, we can move out a bit now!!! Phew, bit squished and it's not fair that Mr Cranium has bagged a whole corner that is more than 2 bum widths
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X