• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

June 4th Election looms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 4th Election looms

Not long now...
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

4th of June is a Friday so it won't be then.

3rd of June is the last possible date that the election can be held (assuming that the government do not assume emergency powers).

Under parliamentary rules the current parliament will expire on 10th May and seventeen working days are needed from calling the election to holding it, so if they leave it to the last minute then the election will be on 3rd June.

There are local elections on 6th May and some people think that the election will be called to coincide with that.

That is what politicians would normally do but you can never tell with this lot. They have to make a decision as to whether the local election results will be positive for them or not.

I won't be voting - I could have kept my vote but do not think that it is any longer any of my business so I shouldn't get any say.

EDIT - I assume you are talking about the UK Parliamentary General Election otherwise the stuff I have written is off topic.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 11 January 2010, 05:38. Reason: Never assume. D'oh.

Comment

Working...
    X