• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big freeze could signal global warming 'pause'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big freeze could signal global warming 'pause'

Gotta love these scientists who doggedly twist the evidence to make it fit their beloved 'warming' model !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...ing-pause.html

Prof Latif believes that the pause represents only a temporary respite rather than a challenge to the basis of global warming.

Is it some kind of running joke on this forum to open a new thread about climate change approximately once every 2 hours, almost invariably linking to some completely braindead and meaningless non-article in the right-wing press?

Honestly, if there was a group of people on here who believed in ghosts and kept on starting new threads every time they came across an article about the spirit world and seances then they'd be on everyone's ignore list within minutes.

These "global warming conspiracy" nutters seem to keep it up for years on end.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      Is it some kind of running joke on this forum to open a new thread about climate change approximately once every 2 hours, almost invariably linking to some completely braindead and meaningless non-article in the right-wing press?

Honestly, if there was a group of people on here who believed in ghosts and kept on starting new threads every time they came across an article about the spirit world and seances then they'd be on everyone's ignore list within minutes.

I think if the Govt were to try to tax on the number of ghostly visitations - I believe there would be a great number of threads on here!!!

Get real!

Comment

One of the claims that interested me the most was Al Gores claim that the North Pole would be ice free by 2014. We will be around to check that one out
        So although we cant do too many experiments to try to falsify the great AGW theory, at least we can check out one of their predictions.

I mentioned this prediction to my mum, and blow me, she recalls a submarine surfacing at an ice free North Pole over 50 years ago.

Al Gore is a snake oil salesman and a charlatan.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If the government were basing policy on evidence of ghostly visitations and throwing billions of pounds at it to counter the threat, they'd be out in seconds.

I think it's a matter of great importance to question the increasingly failing evidence and the increasingly spendthrift government.

I'm sorry you disagree. I'd be honoured to be on your ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I mentioned this prediction to my mum, and blow me, she recalls a submarine surfacing at an ice free North Pole over 50 years ago.
            you mean this?:
            http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/2...-not-so-thick/
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              well done. thats the baby
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                One of the claims that interested me the most was Al Gores claim that the North Pole would be ice free by 2014. We will be around to check that one out
                So although we cant do too many experiments to try to falsify the great AGW theory, at least we can check out one of their predictions.

Al Gore is a snake oil salesman and a charlatan.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/2...-not-so-thick/

True!
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

well done. Thats the baby
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

the whole global warming problem should be shelved
                    Issues such as this : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8449506.stm
                    are far more pressing, have F all to do with AGW and is clearly an area where we are having a measurable impact.

The whole global warming debate is taking far too many resources away from the real enviromental issues of destuction and toxification of natural habitats
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X