• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming - Tories plan to "de-carbonise" Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming - Tories plan to "de-carbonise" Britain

You can download their policy document for a "Low Carbon" economy from here:

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/...nd_Energy.aspx

So you see, you knuckle-dragging, brain-washed, climate change denialist cretins: one way or another you'll be dragged into reality.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

So you see, you knuckle-dragging, brain-washed, climate change denialist cretins: one way or another you'll be dragged into reality.

Funny enough, Nick Griffin is a lucid and coherant AGW denier
    maybe we should be worried

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

one way or another you'll be dragged into paying ridiculous amounts of extra tax on the back of flawed science whilst mindless numbskulls like me continue giggling inanely
      FTFY sg
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Imagine how much tax revenue will be lost if we convert from burning hydrocarbons in engines to electrically powered cars. Where would the tax revenue come from?

Comment

Eeeekkkk I agree with you.

Stop that this instant

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

surely the best way to de-carbonise Britain is to burn all the filthy hydrocarbons so that they no longer exists, then we can move onto the people...

Comment

Create a decentralised energy revolution by introducing a system of feed-in tariffs to encourage micro-generation of electricity;
              According to figures I've seen, micro-generation is way more expensive than macro generation, i.e. a thumping great wind turbine serving many houses versus a piddly little expensive windmill on your roof.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                According to figures I've seen, micro-generation is way more expensive than macro generation, i.e. a thumping great wind turbine serving many houses versus a piddly little expensive windmill on your roof.
                Yeah yeah, same argument about monster power stations. Big money twisting the statistics.

Although reality is that a combined heat and power generator locally, i.e. your shed, is way more efficient.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  That's an over-simplification to the point whereby it is invalid.

In a well designed, energy efficient home, it will produce a surplus of energy. Multiply that by a couple of million, and between them they can be contributing a lot.

Also, in small remote communities, micro-generation is the most practicable solution.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    In a well designed, energy efficient home, it will produce a surplus of energy. Multiply that by a couple of million, and between them they can be contributing a lot.
                    Do you have any idea of how much power a couple of 50" plasma Tv's consume?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X