• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Thaw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thaw

Has begun here, oh joy.
    Now only flood stories to look forward to in the news.

With each snowfall I have shovelled/brushed my path/pavement. As a result I dont need much of a thaw to be clear. Not quite sure why its not compulsary to clear your pavement in this country : like it is in some other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Not quite sure why its not compulsory to clear your pavement in this country
      Because where my neighbours have tried to clear their fronts, they are icy and dangerous. Where, like me, it has been left, it is simply covered in snow.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      like it is in some other countries.
      Because we won the war.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Because we won the war.
        Damn right we did.

Comment

Because where my neighbours have tried to clear their fronts, they are icy and dangerous. Where, like me, it has been left, it is simply covered in snow.

Because we won the war.
          agreed - This was very obvious this morning and this afternoon walking to and from school with Pogle Jr, the cleared bits were far more slippery.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Don't hold your breath with the thaw, according to the met office looks like just a temporary lull. Hope they're stocking up on plenty of salt.

You're better off shovelling the snow off otherwise instead of a thin layer of ice you end up with a a thick layer of ice, that takes days to melt. The streets in my home town were like ice rinks over Christmas. At least the drives and in front of them were clear.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 January 2010, 16:36.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Because we won the war.
              The numpties are supposed to grit or salt their fronts once cleared of snow.

Comment

All I wanted for Chrithmath wath my two front teeth, but Thanta got me thomething elthe. Never mind.

I went to the park today.

I like going to the park.

I played on the thwingth. But they were covered in thnow.

I played on the roundabout. But it wath thurrounded by thluth.

I played on the big thlide. But it wath covered in ithe.

I wath very thad.

But I wath happy when I went on my favourite: the Thee Thaw.
                Last edited by Numpty; 11 January 2010, 17:06.
                If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                  Has begun here, oh joy.
                  Now only flood stories to look forward to in the news.
                  Is he any relation to John?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

apparently if you do not clear your drive/path and someone slips on it they cannot sue you as snow is an act of God

but if you do clear your path and some slips on it they can sue you as it is then your fault.

And we wonder why the country is going to hell in a handbasket!

Comment

Working...
                    X