• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC targets doctors and dentists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC targets doctors and dentists

Good to see other professions being targetted for a change.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Good to see other professions being targetted for a change.
    Not really.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Excellent news!

More votes lost from nuLieBore.

When you sup with the devil ........
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

They're the only ones left working!

Comment

Looks like vets and lawyers are next!

Comment

One cardiothoracic surgeon was pursued for 80% of his claim for home to office travel going back years costing many thousands of pounds. We settled with a tax bill of just £1,000 going back one year.”
            Hurrah! Another £1,000 off the national debt! It's all going so well.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Looks like vets and lawyers are next!
              Ha, HMRC will get a pounding if they have a go at lawyers and barristers!

That should be fun to watch.

Comment

Discussing some options with my Accountant the other day and he was sure that this kind of thing (IR35, 660, etc.) will stop under the Tories.

He called the kind of tax legislation "the politics of envy"

Does the board agree? I am not so sure.....
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  Does the board agree? I am not so sure.....
                  I suspect that under the Tories, the spin will be that there's no choice but to continue, as a means of reducing the public deficit.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    I suspect that under the Tories, the spin will be that there's no choice but to continue, as a means of reducing the public deficit.
                    My thoughts precisely....
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X