• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admin Request to Post You Tube Linky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Request to Post You Tube Linky

Checking the T's and C's from CUK Board Rules :

6. No advertising or marketing of any kind, including non-profit organisations, not even subtle stuff, ever. Please use your company name as a user name to identify yourself when offering unbiased, expert advice. We will not accept any "hard sell" on your services or products within those posts however. No URLs or sales spiel on sigs either.
    I'm an admin member on a new Facebook Group that is trying to get information out about MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and CCSVI Research.

We're not a charity, we're just getting the word out on this to all who might be interested.

Hence, would posting a You Tube of me be appropriate under the T's & C's ?

I may be a long term CUK'ker but that doesn't mean I shouldn't ask for rules to be clarified or admin approval.

And yes, it is me in the You Tube video, with beard and hopefully a temporary eyepatch due to a recent Relapse, so knowing you lot of baying wolves, I shall be savaged to bits.

But I don't care.

It's the message that is important.

Cheers fellow CUK'kers.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

BGG, don't forget there's the CUK group on LinkedIn, and I think there's a TPD group on FaceBook.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sensible to check.

I certainly wouldn't object to a genuine link with a real message, it would help to temper the endless stream of sockpuppetry and trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        it would help to temper the endless stream of sockpuppetry and trolling.
        I am really glad you did not mention either "My Lunch" or "SKA News" threads

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I am really glad you did not mention either "My Lunch" or "SKA News" threads
          Those firmly fit into the trolling classification. They provide no information or amusement the only point of them is to increase your post count and irritate people.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Those firmly fit into the trolling classification.
            No, it's not trolling - I've outsourced that to my sockies

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
              Sounds like an informational message, rather than any advertising or marketing, so I'm sure it'll probably be okay.

But then again, what do I know?
              Indeed, it's a call to arms, with a request that if people want to become active, we have FB Group and it advertises that.

We're not after money, just members, of which some help by joining the cause, and others know people who know people who can push on our behalf.

But I shall await admin approval beforehand.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                BGG, don't forget there's the CUK group on LinkedIn, and I think there's a TPD group on FaceBook.
                I didn't know about the TPD group..will go and have a look.

Thank you RC and thanks to others who has responded in the thread.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Have you tried sending a PM to administrator? He/she/it/they/other(please specify)'ll probably spot this thread anyway, but he/she/it/they/other(please specify) is/are/other(please specify) very responsive to PMs
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 12 January 2010, 03:03.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Have you tried sending a PM to administrator? He/she/it/they/other(please specify)'ll probably spot this thread anyway, but he/she/it/they/other(please specify) is/are/other(please specify) very responsive to PMs
                    Thanks Nick, I have now yes.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X