• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince 2 Course: Is it worth the money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince 2 Course: Is it worth the money

Thinking of doing the foundation and practitioner course: £995. Is it worth the money??

I am experienced in PM work, but will this bring more lucrative work my way
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Great another PM without basic IT skills.
    And so it continues.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Great another PM without basic IT skills.
      And so it continues.

Many a contractor income relies on a Project Manager not having enough nous to run it correctly, but having enough sense to give us a gig.

My main worry is the PMs are getting more and more hopeless.

Soon, it may come to a point where they don't even realise they need someone with a clue to save their project.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

<Looks at feet, feels told off>
        thanks OS, that answered it. Will do more searching in the future sir.
        </Looks at feet, feels told off>

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          <Looks at feet, feels told off>
          thanks OS, that answered it. Will do more searching in the future sir.
          </Looks at feet, feels told off>
          Just to point out the first one on that list of links was in fact started by you!

Get back to the naughty corner for another 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            That's harsh! It's play time. If he has to stand in the corner now he'll miss his school dinner. And it's cold spam fritter with lumpy mash and custard today.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Just to point out the first one on that list of links was in fact started by you!

I know I coloured up nicely when I saw that. Where's that corner.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                That's harsh! It's play time. If he has to stand in the corner now he'll miss his school dinner. And it's cold spam fritter with lumpy mash and custard today.
                Hi RC how is it going, read somewhere you were looking at some training, what did you decide on??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  Hi RC how is it going, read somewhere you were looking at some training, what did you decide on??
                  I have almost decided I can't find anything suitable. I'm toying with the idea of Scrum Master just as something to put on my CV.

I thought about ISEB Testing but the testing market is dead.

I thought about the ISEB Business Analysis but they've made it into lots of bits and I can't be arsed.

ITIL will be on V4 before anyone could have plodded their way through a fraction of the V3 exams. And who actually uses it in anger anyway?

As a project manager PRINCE2 was a no-brainer; mine expires in June this year so I supose I ought to renew it.

There doesn't seem to be any benefit to me in doing vendor certification exams.

I thought about doing Management_of_Risk but nobody seems to want it.

Information Security training is too expensive.

I could do MSP but I don't fancy programme manager work - I want to do IT not spend my life writing reports and bulltulipting to directors.

I did the PPSO qualifications just to piss off any PPSO staff I work with ("Actually pal, I'm better qualified than you to do your job too so don't try telling me how to do a risk log") but that doesn't get you a contract.

Nothing seems particularly interesting or beneficial. I think I might be a bit bored of IT - I never seem to come across any exciting, inspiring, innovative or creative projects. It's just "Procure WankSoft from WankCo, bung some boxes in the machine room, tweak the software to suit the business, get the users to use it".
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X