• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCTV Cities on Fiver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCTV Cities on Fiver

Millwall football "fans" have caused about £10k damage to buses taking them from the Station to the ground. Who pays for this damage?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Who pays for this damage?
    Insurance companies in the first place.

After that clients of insurance companies pick up the bill.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Insurance companies in the first place.

After that clients of insurance companies pick up the bill.

HTH
      Public transport buses do not have to be insured

London Trasport do not insure their buses not even for third party.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Public transport buses do not have to be insured

London Trasport do not insure their buses not even for third party.
        And you think London Transport does not have insurance of some kind to cover for it?

Comment

And you think London Transport does not have insurance of some kind to cover for it?
          Large companies and government departments do not need insurance. The are allowed to "self insure" instead because they can afford to meet any likely claims from their normal budgets.

So in the case of a bus company, it is the regular passengers who pay for the vandalism in their ticket price.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

TfL Probably don't need it. They can cover it with the extra they're screwing out of us commuters with increased fares.......

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              The are allowed to "self insure"
              Then they are the insurance company that insured all such claims!

And my second assertion - "After that clients of insurance companies pick up the bill." also stands: the "clients" in this case would be the users who use public transport as well as general taxpayers...

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Millwall football "fans" have caused about £10k damage to buses taking them from the Station to the ground.
                Is that all?

They must be going soft.

£10k's worth of repairs doesn't cover a lot of damage.

Meanwhile, (but bearing in mind I haven't seen the programme you are referring to) how much do you think the TV production company paid the council / bus company for the rights to use the CCTV footage for which nobody had sought the permission of the people being filmed?

They say the CCVT is there for our safety. Bollocks it is when they sell the footage to the TV companies.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X