• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ice Road Truckers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Road Truckers

Probably says a lot about my intellect but IMO this is about the best thing on the box at the moment. There's even a fit female trucker to ogle over in this series, in fact I nearly spilled my Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle all over my bed in the hotel room last night.

I haven't watched last night's yet, but the news of a pretty blonde female trucker did strike me as a bit of a shameless ratings grab.

Plus they're not even on an ice road anymore. I loved the first couple of series though; but then they were driving on frozen lakes and rivers.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Plus they're not even on an ice road anymore.
      I didn't realise that. It was what gave the programme a certain frisson.

Comment

This road they are on in Alaska looks like a nightmare to drive. But the spark has gone for me and after the first episode I haven't watched it since.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've seen a few episodes in hotel rooms. As I recall, the opening sequence and frequently throughout they show what looks like a CGI lorry falling through and sinking.

All I've ever seen is a few broken fingers and flat batteries and a lorry bumped into another and broke a light or some such trivial bits.

Does anything every really happen? Do any lorries ever fall through the ice?

'Cos if not, why aren't we selling footage of the M62 to the rest of the world?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Probably says a lot about my intellect but IMO this is about the best thing on the box at the moment. There's even a fit female trucker to ogle over in this series, in fact I nearly spilled my Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle all over my bed in the hotel room last night.
            It's like watching down-hill ski-ing: You don't watch it for them that gets the best times, but for the occasional ones that make a slight mistake, get a pole squarely between the legs, go airborne and pirouette into the fence with arms and legs pointing in all the wrong directions.

And it's the waiting for that moment, the build up, the tension,

then the release,

ahhhhhhh

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X