• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

I'm probably not cut out for doing one. I had already thought of slide copying, but dismissed it on the grounds that:
    1. there are plenty of places, both High St and Web/Mail Order, that do it already.
    2. Or you can buy a USB slide copier for what? £60 or so.
    3. it would be a real faff to get clean copies, without spending ages in Photoshop.
    4. Joe Public would probably be consistently demanding, wanting dust-free white-balanced copies at 2p each.

So I didn't do it. Same for VHS copying and vinyl disc copying.
    Step outside posh boy

errrrrr....well thanks for you revealing your non idea that you didn't do

Comment

hasnt slide copying already been done by someone on this board??

so it isn't even a new or original idea
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Yep
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

gooner IIRC

Best of luck to him.

Comment

I think the OP was lamenting the fact that the one idea he had, he rejected as a non-starter, only for someone more enterprising to make a big go of it

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

ah........well if we're talking about "lamenting ideas"

when I was 17ish my dad got Beebug (BBC B) magazine and in the back were a few wanted adverts for those machines, mostly schools and labs needing spares. There were a few for sale too around the 100 - 150 mark. That afternoon I saw one advertised on the noticeboard at Gateway, 50 quid.

Bought, washed, stripped of games and accessories, packaged and sent, 125% profit!

They wanted more, so I bought more. £400 profit in about 2 weeks until I tried to sell my family's one that my dad spent a good few months salary on 10 years earlier. He kicked up a fuss, told me what I was doing was stupid and I should get a REAL job. So I stopped, disheartened and with my main customer pissed because I promised something I couldn't deliver, I even had his cash.

If I'd stuck to it lordy knows where I'd be now but def the sort of thing that could have spiralled nicely with a bit of adult encouragement.

Not had any good ideas on the 13 years since then.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I think the OP was lamenting the fact that the one idea he had, he rejected as a non-starter, only for someone more enterprising to make a big go of it

You got it. I was hoping that people might discuss what it takes, psychologically, to implement a Plan B, or what prevents one from doing so. I don't mind if it hangs off the theme of my own stupidity and character defects.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

yep mine! hands off!!!

Have a look here....

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004705.html
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

I bought 25 SGI Granite UK keybs from America hoping to make a huge killing with the SGI-nuts I used to hang out with.

That was eight years ago, they're still in the shed....

Comment

Working...
                    X