• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asteroid Passing Earth in Five Minutes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asteroid Passing Earth in Five Minutes

Might be worth hiding under your desk for a few minutes, in case they miscalculated the path of 2010 AL30
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

They said it might be a piece of junk, a rusty old Apollo space craft, or a rubbish bag. I mean it's dangerous enough throwing out your rubbish from a sky scraper, but plain irreponsible to throw out a rubbish bag on the way to the moon. Apparently circled Venus and Mars before nearly crunching into the Earth to wipe out a major city.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 January 2010, 12:54.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      They said it might be a piece of junk, a rusty old Apollo space craft, or a rubbish bag.
      Or this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_...ova_.281959.29

Comment

If we hear no more from Zeity, he caught the bus back home.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          If we hear no more from Zeity, he caught the bus back home.

hitchhiked

Comment

I missed this, have we survived?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I missed this, have we survived?
              According to this status flag, no.

But that is because the Earth was destroyed a little while ago.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Might be worth hiding under your desk for a few minutes, in case they miscalculated the path of 2010 AL30
                I have it on very good authority that this has been known about for some time and it is not an asteroid. That is just the cover story put out by NASA.

It is actually believed to be a von Neumann or Bracewell probe from another non terrestial intelligent civilisation.

These probes gather information on other civilisations.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  It is actually believed to be a von Neumann or Bracewell probe from another non terrestial intelligent civilisation.

are they looking for intelligent civilisation here ?
                  wish them luck

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    I have it on very good authority that this has been known about for some time and it is not an asteroid. That is just the cover story put out by NASA.

How do you know what they are called if they belong to extraterrestrials?

And I thought aliens had names like Mogon, Glarglebutt and Zeitghost, not Bracewell.

Comment

Working...
                    X