• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing offensive agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing offensive agents

I call an agent from P@{}~:t Pe*&le, called "Mr Mac".
    Obviously I got through to his secretary first.

"Can I speak to Mr Mac about the 3g Commissioning position he advertised yesterday?"
    "Can I take your name please?"

Certainly, my name is Mr M, I spoke to Mr Mac when he called me yesterday."

Please wait Mr M and I shall see if he is free.............

AT THIS POINT YOU SHOULD MUTE MY END OF THE CALL, IF YOU DON'T, YOU HEAR THIS........

Who? M? Not him again, he's calling me 10 times a day.
    Shall I tell him your busy?
    Yeah, tell the f*?ker I'm in a meeting or something.
    I'm sorry Mr Murray bit Mr Mac is not available at the moment, can I take a message?

Please do. Please inform Mr Mac that he must have me confused with someone else as I have never called him in my life, he callled me yesterday and asked for a call-back today.
    Also could you point out to Mr Mac that I do NOT consider referring to a potential client as a "f*?kerr" is in the best interests of P@{}~:t Pe*&le, and that I may consider referring himself both to P@{}~:t Pe*&le Senior Management AND to various contractor search engines, using phrases such as "P@{}~:t Pe*&le are sexually abusive to Contractors."

Sorry Ms Secretary, but you should have been more professional as well ."

Then I Click off.

Thirty seconds later Mr Mac is on gushing about how much he loves me and it was the stress he is under....snore....

Then I get an email.

"Hi Mr M,

I hope you're well- Miss T, my colleague has just informed me that you were on the line when she was attempting to put you through- I'd like to apologise for my remark and add that there was certainly nothing personal in it - more a remark of frustration which could have been directed at anything.

Let me know when you're available and I'll contact you directly for any update on the position......."

Offended? Not really. Just shows P@{}~:t Pe*&le cannot even find a secretary that's any good.

And he never calls me........

Working...
X