• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up the 9% agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up the 9% agency

Ok here is the deal.

We set up the CUK agency, we all work through that agency.

The agency charges 9% for running costs on a flat rate for all contracts from the client.

Any money left over at the end of the year is put up for a CUK ball in a major city (rotating each year).

I am semi-serious, why not, with enough contractors we would be a major player in the market.

What do you think

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ok here is the deal.

We set up the CUK agency, we all work through that agency.

The agency charges 9% for running costs on a flat rate for all contracts from the client.

Any money left over at the end of the year is put up for a CUK ball in a major city (rotating each year).

I am semi-serious, why not, with enough contractors we would be a major player in the market.

What do you think

Stick to what you know (not what you have an opinion on)
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not a bad idea though - We could undercut those 10% CUK agency muppets.

(and if anyone fancies joining the 8% CUK agency I plan to set up, we can undercut AtW's agency too)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Stick to what you know (not what you have an opinion on)
        Just out of interest - shouldn't this advice go for the snot nosed Dixon's rejects that have invaded the agency space in the last few years?

Afterall, if all we have to contend with is someone that only uses key word search, and does not bother taking our calls to gain a better understanding of what we have to offer. Then you could probably compete with the average agency with a perl script and an ftp server.

Comment

I can do it for 5%, I'll just need 2 references first just to make sure you check out, then I'll put your CV through to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            I can do it for 5%, I'll just need 2 references first just to make sure you check out, then I'll put your CV through to the client.
            my

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Just out of interest - shouldn't this advice go for the snot nosed Dixon's rejects that have invaded the agency space in the last few years?

Afterall, if all we have to contend with is someone that only uses key word search, and does not bother taking our calls to gain a better understanding of what we have to offer. Then you could probably compete with the average agency with a perl script and an ftp server.
              I am sure that delivering the service would not be a problem, though there is a skill and doggedness required in negotiating placements. (is the contractor really interested in the job? will he travel 2 hours? will he take the rate? is he is asking questions? if not why not?- same with the client how much does he really need someone? how good does that person really need to be? does he have the budget?) There is a lot more to this game than you guys may think?

The real issue is who is going to pick up the phone and tread the boards initiating and building the relationships with prospective clients? You have to bear in mind the sheer number of agents out there doing this, so no one hiring manager really ever needs to pick up a directory to find an agent- we are on their cases 24 hours a day.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am sure that delivering the service would not be a problem, though there is a skill and doggedness required in negotiating placements. (is the contractor really interested in the job? will he travel 2 hours? will he take the rate? is he is asking questions? if not why not?- same with the client how much does he really need someone? how good does that person really need to be? does he have the budget?) There is a lot more to this game than you guys may think?

The real issue is who is going to pick up the phone and tread the boards initiating and building the relationships with prospective clients? You have to bear in mind the sheer number of agents out there doing this, so no one hiring manager really ever needs to pick up a directory to find an agent- we are on their cases 24 hours a day.
                Do you want to be an MD of this new CUK Agency?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Do you want to be an MD of this new CUK Agency?
                  Do I get a big desk and lardy arse chair?

Comment

Do I get a big desk and lardy arse chair?
                    Yes. You'll also see big windows of 11% agency across the road, check out the other thread - it should be a good view ...

Comment

Working...
                    X