• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 200 best jobs, in order

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 200 best jobs, in order

Linky

Come on own up, who wrote this drivel?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

200. Roustabout

"Performs routine physical labor and maintenance on oil rigs and pipelines, both on and off shore"

..and I'll bet is better paid than most of the 199 above him...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Linky

Come on own up, who wrote this drivel?
      Job No 11 on the list:

Overall Ranking: 11
      Overall Score: 207
      Work Environment: 361.440
      Physical Demands: 6.04
      Stress: 30.497
      Income: $60,218
      Hiring Outlook: 24.18 (Very Good)

That job is "philosopher". Income 60k? Hiring Outlook "Very Good"?
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

and what is the difference between a Systems Analyst (working in IT) and a Software Engineer?

and, code monkeying aside, a Web Developer come to that?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If only they had made this list 18 years ago before I wasted my life attending College for my Undergraduate Degree (4yrs) then Medical School (4 yrs) and then further wasting time doing an Internship/Residency (5 yrs), and Fellowship (2 yrs). Apparently, it is better for me to have just dropped out of high school to be a janitor (#83), a Walmart Cashier (#112), or a Maid (#131) then accumulate over $200K worth of Med School debt and waste 15 yrs of my life to become a Surgeon (#136) (Actually, Vascular Surgeon, but that wasn't listed).
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Such a dataset is correctly known as "a random heap of bollock fluff".

Feel free to use that expression in your daily life.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Such a dataset is correctly known as "a random heap of bollock fluff".

Feel free to use that expression in your daily life.

influenced by too many skoolgirls

(too many assistants jobs rated above the actual jobs)
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

It is a septic website but here's one of the jobs in the UK
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X