• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear I've upset an agent!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear I've upset an agent!

Just had a call from an chirpy chappie, who apparently rang me before Christmas about the possibility of a role coming up in Jan.

He was eager to get me in for an interview - however I'd had an interview with them last week - through another agency. They called me Wed, I was interviewed Fri.
    Cheekie Chappie was not too happy - don't you remember me, we had a long chat about blah blah on the phone. I dimly recall a brief conversation, but i have so many agencies promising me 'loads of roles' coming up, I simply do not keep track of them.

Also I've been called by 3 other agencies about this role over the last week, so he's not exactly quick is he?
    He seemed very crestfallen - poor lamb
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

aw bless him.

Comment

I get the same, and they seem put out big time when I get the role though someone else and try and claim they are the sole agency on the psl.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Good lass
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Score of upsets

Contractors 1 Agents 2500050001

Comment

Blood Agencies

Can't wait till market picks up and we can get our own back a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Just had a call from an chirpy chappie, who apparently rang me before Christmas about the possibility of a role coming up in Jan.

He was eager to get me in for an interview - however I'd had an interview with them last week - through another agency. They called me Wed, I was interviewed Fri.
              Cheekie Chappie was not too happy - don't you remember me, we had a long chat about blah blah on the phone. I dimly recall a brief conversation, but i have so many agencies promising me 'loads of roles' coming up, I simply do not keep track of them.

Also I've been called by 3 other agencies about this role over the last week, so he's not exactly quick is he?
              He seemed very crestfallen - poor lamb
              Works both ways Pogle. What would have happened if HE had not put you forward but told you he had, you would have then told the other 3 agencies not to bother.

Poor lamb my a*se. You did well Pogle. Keep it up.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My thoughts are...

Ad goes up on Jobswerve.

Contractor rings agency.

Agency ALWAYS says the contractor is going forward to Client.

All CV's go to agency account manager for selection safe in the knowledge that the agency has blocked the unwanted CVs.

Comment

Working...
                X