• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The lesser spotted bin man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lesser spotted bin man

I've just seen one! Several in fact!

All those times in the last couple of weeks where it wasn't "safe" for them to come and collect the rubbish because of the snow and ice in my road, yet today it seems they've suddenly realised that a big refuse lorry isn't that affected by a small amount of snow.

Next we'll be hearing about teachers being able to make it to work.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Mrs MM's school is the only one in Hounslow that hasn't had any snow days. She's quite pissed off...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Still waiting for ours - haven't had the recycling collected for six weeks. On the plus side, today is the first day both the kids' schools have been open!

Comment

Come to think about it, the council are probably only collecting the rubbish because they've run out of salt and have nothing else to do.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

No problems here, they come about 4 times a bloody week and at about 7am which means they wake me up with all their racket. At least I don't have to take the bins out, the hausmeister does that for us
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I've just seen one! Several in fact!

All those times in the last couple of weeks where it wasn't "safe" for them to come and collect the rubbish because of the snow and ice in my road, yet today it seems they've suddenly realised that a big refuse lorry isn't that affected by a small amount of snow.

Ah..... the annual winter migration from health and safety land back to the real world is occuring

Comment

No bins emptied for two weeks,
              Schools closed,
              Too icy for council workers to go out
              No council worker sto driver the grit lorries
              Traffic wardens issued with 4x4s so that they can issued parking tickets.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Here in Wandsworth, South London - everything running as normal.
                Roads gritted, schools open from what I can see, bin men regular as clockwork.
                And we have the lowest council tax in the country

And the trains/tubes have been fine too.

You lazy fookin northeners.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Here in Wandsworth, South London - everything running as normal.
                  Today yes. Yesterday I saw 3 busses stuck in 1 road

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Today yes. Yesterday I saw 3 busses stuck in 1 road
                    Council can't help that.
                    I think they've been brilliant
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X