• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour have defeated racism!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour have defeated racism!

“we are committed to tackling poverty and disadvantage whoever you are, wherever you are”

In other words, Labour have defeated racism by making people of all ethnicities equally poor and miserable.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Labour are great achievers.

£840bn

The UK’s national debt.

It took over 300 years from the foundation of the Bank of England for national debt to reach £350bn, but it has doubled in the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

£840bn

The UK’s national debt.

It took over 300 years from the foundation of the Bank of England for national debt to reach £350bn, but it has doubled in the last decade.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Do you feel the same way we do about the kind of Britain you want to live in?

A Britain where there is a first-class health service free at the point of use; where education is always a priority ; and where you and your family are treated equally and can feel safe and secure.

This is the Britain we are working hard to build.

This is an exciting time for our Party. With Labour, Britain has got better. NHS waiting lists are at their lowest ever; school results are better than ever; Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit has increased; and there are now free prescriptions and free eye test for pensioners.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        “we are committed to tackling poverty and disadvantage whoever you are, wherever you are”

In other words, Labour have defeated racism by making people of all ethnicities equally poor and miserable.
        But NG wants to bankrupt the UK and still be racist? So we all will be poor, unable to buy a curry, no cornershops will exist and we'll all be racist.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          But NG wants to bankrupt the UK and still be racist? So we all will be poor, unable to buy a curry, no cornershops will exist and we'll all be racist.
          Opposition to Gordon <> support of Nick Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

£840bn

The UK’s national debt.

It is normal for a smooth exponential curve to look tranquil in the past and terrifying in the future. It looks like things have just started changing, but it isn't so.

Likewise Britain's economic decline: I used to put the start of the slide at post-WWII but as soon as I looked closer it seemed to have started after WWI or possibly somewhere in Edwardian times (the 1910s). But the more I study it, the more it seems to me to have started about 1860. Until that point Britain had been building industry and empire, or to be precise empires since the first one revolted and we had to build another one; after that we lived off past industry or savings, or off other sources (oil springs to mind).

So it's not new. We haven't really been a big economic power for a century and a half but we, or rather our governments, have an ingrained tendency to spend as if we were.

Curiously, 1860 is about the when London's finance houses started to gain control over industry.
            Last edited by Tarquin Farquhar; 14 January 2010, 12:31.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

John Denhams a twat

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                John Denhams a twat

He was good in Casualty
                If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                  Likewise Britain's economic decline: I used to put the start of the slide at post-WWII but as soon as I looked closer it seemed to have started after WWI or possibly somewhere in Edwardian times (the 1910s). But the more I study it, the more it seems to me to have started about 1860. Until that point Britain had been building industry and empire, or to be precise empires since the first one revolted and we had to build another one; after that we lived off past industry or savings, or off other sources (oil springs to mind).

So it's not new. We haven't really been a big economic power for a century and a half but we, or rather our governments, have an ingrained tendency to spend as if we were.

Curiously, 1860 is about the when London's finance houses started to gain control over industry.
                  • I used to put the start of the slide at post-WWII
                  : Docking of the SS Empire Windrush
                  • possibly somewhere in Edwardian times (the 1910s)
                  The Suffragettes movement and wimmin being allowed to vote

Not sure about 1860 though...
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ooh, another web site to check for jobs

National Communication Centre Supervisor
                    £10.00 per hour. Fixed Term Contract

Seeking to recruit a supervisor to work in our National Communications Centre in our Newcastle Head Office.

They will play a key role in the recruitment, induction and training of our Outbound Communication Agents.

You will need to be an experienced supervisor and have worked in a commercial or other professional call centre environment.

Closing date: Monday 11th January 2010.
                    £10 per hour for a Call Centre Supervisor? And the job has closed.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X