• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thread for the discerning conversationalist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread for the discerning conversationalist

A most gratifying and pleasurable afternoon to you all, or indeed morning, given our varying positions relative to the Greenwich Meridian!

It is a cause of some delight for one to report that the view afforded by my elevated position displays the port of Amsterdam in sun soaked glory, the snow on the ground reflecting solar rays into all corners of the city.

One is alone at one’s place of commercial toil, thus allowing one to make small talk with the assembled CUK throng.

With some delectation one can report that one shall be returning to the country this evening to enjoy the miracles of the good Lady Tester’s new found culinary skills. Lady Tester recently took lessons in cookery from a 3 star chef of some renown, and shall be demonstrating her abilities for me tonight.

Can others report news to bring good cheer to the congregation? There has been no shortage of that ethereal substance known as ‘doom’ of late, generally acidifying the mood of those who surf Her Britannic Majesty's Empire Wide Web, and one feels that we all may benefit from some unseasonal jollity!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Cor blimey, guv. That's almost as much waffle as that nincompoop, ShaunBhoy
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Doomed!

Comment

Stay out of the coffee shops during working hours mich

Comment

Snow is being washed away by the rain. This could be doom or boom depending on your POV...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Cor blimey, guv. That's almost as much waffle as that nincompoop, ShaunBhoy
            I believe you're a little confused by the Low Countries, my good Sir. Waffles are a speciality of Belgium, that rather tasteful country that disguises her delights behind a shroud of blandness. Would you like jam or golden syrup with your waffles?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good Afternoon Mich,

Doom? what is this 'Doom' you talk of?

Here in sunny Cologne the snow has stopped falling, I can see from the window that the squirrels and rabbits are running around the floor of the park looking very happy indeed and I still have 3.5 days left of my month long xmas/new year break, very relaxing.

I intend to spend those days in town this afternoon shopping to replace more of gf chef's woefully inadequate kitchen implements stopping off in a bar or 2 for a kolsch before returning and cooking Seabass with chilli and ginger, desert yet to be decided. The remainder of my holiday will be spent driving across to Jena in the GDR/east germany via Leipzig for the weekend.

All in all life is good and I can't complain, it must be the influence of the european mainland outlook on life I guess.

Chef
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I am finishing my contract in March, I might think about going back to the mainland again. Have things recovered there yet boys?
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I am finishing my contract in March, I might think about going back to the mainland again. Have things recovered there yet boys?
                  What are the chances that that question will end in DOOM
                  Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Have been here since Autumn 2008 and haven't seen that much of a downturn and worked throughout. Some projects within client co. have been shelved and there's been the trimming/streamlining of businesses but not to the levels of doom you see in the uk high street/businesses/on the media IMO.

Plus, the Germans know how to cope with a bit of snow
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X