• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas jumpers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas jumpers

Esteemed Ladies, Gentlemen and Dimprawn, I feel I should address a most pressing issue. I am not unaware of the recent passing of the midwinter festival known to our Christian friends as ‘christmas’, and that most jocular tradition of receiving less than elegant jumpers from one’s relatives, but today’s display of woolen garments in the office of ClientCo is quite disturbing.

Today your correspondent has counted;
    7 checked Pringle jumpers in varying garish colour schemes
    2 jumpers with a Christmas tree motif
    1 ‘space invaders’ jumper
    1 lurid pink jumper displaying an image of some chap playing golf

Please, could we return to good taste?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Esteemed Ladies, Gentlemen and Dimprawn, I feel I should address a most pressing issue. I am not unaware of the recent passing of the midwinter festival known to our Christian friends as ‘christmas’, and that most jocular tradition of receiving less than elegant jumpers from one’s relatives, but today’s display of woolen garments in the office of ClientCo is quite disturbing.

Today your correspondent has counted;
    7 checked Pringle jumpers in varying garish colour schemes
    2 jumpers with a Christmas tree motif
    1 ‘space invaders’ jumper
    1 lurid pink jumper displaying an image of some chap playing golf

Please, could we return to good taste?
    What old boy and no trousers? How.....interesting
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I realized last week that don't own a single jumper, and would very much like to buy one.

But I'm not interested in some mean-spirited penny-pinching boring little jumper like you'd find in somewhere like Marks & Spencer, and can't think of any other shop where one could buy a large (and shrink-proof) thick jumper with a garish pattern.

For example, are there any old biddies who knit them at home and sell them on the Internet? Where do Icelandic fishermen buy their jumpers?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I
        For example, are there any old biddies who knit them at home and sell them on the Internet? Where do Icelandic fishermen buy their jumpers?

Here
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Ireland has given the world many wonderful gifts and I do not doubt the commercial skills of Hibernians, but this webshop was surely established for no other purpose than to extract money from gullible Americans.

Comment

Ireland has given the world many wonderful gifts and I do not doubt the commercial skills of Hibernians, but this webshop was surely established for no other purpose than to extract money from gullible Irish Americans.
            FTFY There are 60 million of them
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              They're the ones who dress up in green on St Patrick's day, profess a deep hatred of their English oppressors, wear t-shirts that read 'kiss me I'm Irish' and then visit Ireland to trace their ancestors only to find that great-great granddad Mick was an auxiliary from Swindon.

Comment

They're the ones who dress up in green on St Patrick's day, profess a deep hatred of their English oppressors, wear t-shirts that read 'kiss me I'm Irish' and then visit Ireland to trace their ancestors only to find that great-great granddad Mick was an auxiliary from Swindon.
                They're also the one's I enjoy picking on, on such ocassions and getting them to admit that simply beacuse their cousin, (thrice removed on their mothers side's great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great Grandfather) might have come over on a boat from the "ould sod" does not make them Irish.

Being born there might have a mitigating factor in it....
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  More than in the whole of Ireland, in fact
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X