• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay my ice footwear has arrived!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay my ice footwear has arrived!

Just in timer to see it melt
    I've got these rubber thingies with studs in them and a bit of wire wrapped round another rubber bit that you attach to the bottom of your boots and they give you grip on the ice.
    They will come in very handy on the school trudge this afternoon. I've seen SO many people falling over in the snow and ice - thanks to no side roads or pavements being treated.
    My own father slid over on the ice on Tuesday and knocked himself unconscious, a friend of his drove past and saw him lying on the pavement he's resting at home now with lots of bruises and concussion.
    But it really is very dangerous out there
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

My ice footwear arrived last week, just in time!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ha, I have seen those! They will come in handy next year anyway.

Oops, hope your Dad is Ok, that's horrible.

I have been wearing my snow boots but I have been told I look mentally ill when I arrive at work - bright red Snowjoggers with tights, a dress and a very unflattering waterproof coat! Heels go straight on in the office obviously, but, still. At least like you say, I'm still upright.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        My ice footwear arrived last week, just in time!
        They look tricky to drive in.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Those things make great sense especially for women since female footwear typically lacks any kind of grip.

My ex wife has some that're small and neat enough to fit in her handbag, but make a big difference, rather a neat design for a very practical product.

There's loads of snow and ice still on the ground here still so I'll stick with my walking/climbing boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            these rubber thingies with studs in them and a bit of wire wrapped round another rubber bit that you attach to the bottom of your boots and they give you grip on the ice.
            These?
            http://www.planetfear.com/item/Brand...0_16891_1.html

Another 'best wishes' to your dad.

Comment

No these

http://www.blacktoe.co.uk/ice%20Grips/ice%20grips.htm
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Shame, from the description I was hoping for something a bit more S&M.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Those things make great sense especially for women since female footwear typically lacks any kind of grip.

My ex wife has some that're small and neat enough to fit in her handbag, but make a big difference, rather a neat design for a very practical product.

There's loads of snow and ice still on the ground here still so I'll stick with my walking/climbing boots.
                  Oh yeah - you told me about them things last week - I meant to order some!!

Please can you send me the link again?
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Oh yeah - you told me about them things last week - I meant to order some!!

Please can you send me the link again?
                    See link above - although they're out of stock on that website
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X