• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh tulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh tulip

The train has developed an uncomfortable and rather disconcerting wobble.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I really think the driver should slow down a bit. Something might be going horribly wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The train has developed an uncomfortable and rather disconcerting wobble.
      The Silverlink train did that commuting between Hemel Hempstead to Euston. We regular passengers used to comment on it. It felt like a giant had kicked the train as it passed: a definite jerk to the side.

It was quite a jerk; the staff must have all known about it.

It got worse over a few weeks, and then one day it suddenly disappeared.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I thought Dutch trains were ultra reliable and punctual?

Mind you back in '95 when I was there I remember the front page headline in the Dutch papers was how passengers had to push a broken down train off the main rail line onto a siding.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          I thought Dutch trains were ultra reliable and punctual?
          They were. Then some dicksplat decided to privatise them.

He's sped up a bit now and it's stopped wobbling.

Comment

The wobble's gone and has now been replaced with a 'bounce' every 3 seconds.

I don't have much confidence in this train.

Comment

Working...
            X