• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have been selected....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been selected....

Listen up losers.

I have been selected to go on a speed awareness course on the 22nd January,

yeah, jealous now , aren't you. Out of all the millions of drivers, they picked me. It's only £60 and they said they might even want to endorse me.

thats good, isnt it ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Well done!!

Excellent news - something else to put on your CV!!

I think...

Comment

They send speeders on those courses in Holland too, but they charge about 1500 euros for the privilege.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I have been selected to go on a speed awareness course on the 22nd January,
        Wohoo! I was also lucky enough to be one of the chosen few selected for said jolly a while back.

In my excitement i never actually bothered responding to any correspondance they sent me and as a special reward i had my license autographed with a special message handwritten by a genuine DVLA elf.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          Well done!!

Excellent news - something else to put on your CV!!

I think...
          Yes, they use some sort of radar device, hidden in a white van, to detect people with special brain exhaust fumes, and when I came round that corner I bet it lit up like a Christmas tree.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I didn't get that opportunity - they must like you.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              I didn't get that opportunity - they must like you.
              I think they have some criteria, like 1 or 2 mph over and they offer you the course, over that and you get the points

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

I do hope we'll be given a full report of the day's events including a summary of what you learn and amusing anecdotes from your fellow graduates.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I do hope we'll be given a full report of the day's events including a summary of what you learn and amusing anecdotes from your fellow graduates.
                  Good idea. Mitch, I set you a challenge

you have six days to come up with the most outrageous cover story that I can hit my fellow speedsters with. Something really funny

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Just start fiddling with yourself and moaning in pleasure during the part where they show you the horrific crash videos and you'll probably be allowed to go home by dinner.

Comment

Working...
                    X