• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government Gateway - I hate it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government Gateway - I hate it

I think this is my third thread ranting about the Government Gateway.

I have been trying to change my VAT registration details but I have been locked out because what it thinks was my last school does not match what I thought was my last school.

The link to the online helpdesk goes to a FAQ that does not include any reference to the online helpdesk.

So I call the normal VAT helpline; thay advised me to send a fax instead as it is easier.

I asked about being locked out and they put my in the queue for the Online Helpdesk.

After 15 minutes on hold, someone picked up my call and hung up.

Bastard civil servants and their poxy IT systems.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I think this is my third thread ranting about the Government Gateway.

I have been trying to change my VAT registration details but I have been locked out because what it thinks was my last school does not match what I thought was my last school.

The link to the online helpdesk goes to a FAQ that does not include any reference to the online helpdesk.

So I call the normal VAT helpline; thay advised me to send a fax instead as it is easier.

I asked about being locked out and they put my in the queue for the Online Helpdesk.

After 15 minutes on hold, someone picked up my call and hung up.

Bastard civil servants and their poxy IT systems.
    Seeing as I left the UK quite a number of years ago, I can only ask what in bleeding hell does your last school have to do with VAT registration?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Seeing as I left the UK quite a number of years ago, I can only ask what in bleeding hell does your last school have to do with VAT registration?
      Official Reason: "This is a security question"

Real Reason: "We want to know if you are upper class scum"
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Official Reason: "This is a security question"

Real Reason: "We want to know if you are upper class scum"
        Oh dear. In another thread Ms Norrahe and I were accosted by pedants with considerable knowledge of firearms, and now it seems that should I return to the UK I might be oppressed by heavily armed peasants.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X