• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sauce for fillet steak?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce for fillet steak?

Which sauce would you make to go with fillet steak?

Recipes (quick and simple!) welcomed with suggestions

Ta

au poivre. Cream, some peppercorns, enough crushed black pepper to make it greyish and then enough dijon mustard to make it nice and beige. Make it in the pan with the meaty goo while the steak is resting.

Comment

I always eat mine without sauce.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Bernaise sauce. Like hollandaise but with added tarragon.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

None. Seared flesh is all you need...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

HP. Accept no substitutes.
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Mustard, but lately I’ve gone off steaks a bit and I prefer braised beef, especially a braising steak cooked for 3 hours in Bockbier, left to stand for a night and then warmed in the cooking juice; delicious, accompanied by mashed potatoes and sauerkraut or red cabbage.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ketchup

HTH
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Steak Diane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...dy_67955.shtml

Hunters Steak... can't find the recipe
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bearnaise served on the side. Sauce au poivre disguises the taste of the meat and is therefore not suitable for fillet. At a push use a marsala reduction the same as you would use for a tournedos Rossini, but if the meat is good, then a sauce is superfluous.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X