• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A novel way to get around the smoking ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A novel way to get around the smoking ban

I gave up a few years ago but I've just found out that the client co has a smoking room.
    It's behind a door with a big sign on it saying Private Apartment and is actually registered as a separate piece of real estate to the rest of the building, i.e. it's not business premises or a place of work so you can do waht the hell you want in there.
    Would be good if pubs could do this sort of thing, assuming they've got the room to do it of course.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I gave up a few years ago but I've just found out that the client co has a smoking room.
    It's behind a door with a big sign on it saying Private Apartment and is actually registered as a separate piece of real estate to the rest of the building, i.e. it's not business premises or a place of work so you can do waht the hell you want in there.
    Would be good if pubs could do this sort of thing, assuming they've got the room to do it of course.
    Have you checked that its not already a brothel?
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

They did this in a lot of pubs in Germany when the ban came in, they were bloody awful, you came out stinking like an ashtray. Now that the ban has, kind of, been rescinded then you can continue as pre-ban times. A couple of sites I've been to recently have little cubicles built for smoking in corridors or in the case of one, right by reception where the cafe is so you can have a fag and coffee. Civilised...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        A couple of sites I've been to recently have little cubicles built for smoking in corridors or in the case of one, right by reception where the cafe is so you can have a fag and coffee. Civilised...
        A former client of mine in Germany had these as well. They are open sided cubicles with air extractors that suck all the smoke. I was impressed at how effective they were. Shame we couldn't have something similar back over here.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
          A former client of mine in Germany had these as well. They are open sided cubicles with air extractors that suck all the smoke. I was impressed at how effective they were. Shame we couldn't have something similar back over here.
          That would allow far too much recognition of personal freedom
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

On Air France, they have (or at least had last time I went long haul with them) "Le Coin Fumeur" at the back of the plane where
            you can stand and have a fag. You are in a little curtained off area & there's an extractor so the rest of the passengers don't get bothered by your smoke. Last time, when I came back from Brazil on AF, they were pouring out glasses of wine for you to enjoy with your smoke. Very civilised.

Comment

If you look closely you'll see they're made by a British company.

Not that I spend much time in them you understand.

Comment

You wait until they ban smoking in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  You wait until they ban smoking in the home.
                  Apart from that being a tad impractical they make so much tobacco revenue that I doubt that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Have you checked that its not already a microwave?
                    FIFY

Comment

Working...
                    X