• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies, your advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies, your advice please

Given that Lady Tester and I are making plans to marry, the issue of wedding dresses and suits becomes most pressing and bears upon my mind like the heavens upon the shoulders of Atlas.

Considering our reputation as being only partly reformed (nearly 40) metalheads, the good Lady shall likely wear a black wedding dress, hopefully accompanied by a pair of long black leather thigh-high boots to display her ravishing yet still slightly gothic beauty in a most appealing fashion.

But this raises the question as to my suit. Should I do the traditional thing, suit and tails, rather like the distinguished chap in my avatar, perhaps accompanied by some idiosyncrasy like a leather waistcoat, or should I perhaps turn up as an unrepentant metalhead?

Any suggestions?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Given that Lady Tester and I are making plans to marry, the issue of wedding dresses and suits becomes most pressing and bears upon my mind like the heavens upon the shoulders of Atlas.

Considering our reputation as being only partly reformed (nearly 40) metalheads, the good Lady shall likely wear a black wedding dress, hopefully accompanied by a pair of long black leather thigh-high boots to display her ravishing yet still slightly gothic beauty in a most appealing fashion.

But this raises the question as to my suit. Should I do the traditional thing, suit and tails, rather like the distinguished chap in my avatar, perhaps accompanied by some idiosyncrasy like a leather waistcoat, or should I perhaps turn up as an unrepentant metalhead?

Any suggestions?
    Ask your intended, it is after all her day
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I think I know the chap who's paying for it though, and his name begins with 'M'.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I think I know the chap who's paying for it though, and his name begins with 'M'.
        I think you should re-read norrahe post...........
        The content of your post is irrelevant......

PS - I am NOT a Lady... but I think you will find I am right...

Comment

Unrepentant metalhead sounds good.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Her dad's name begins with 'M'?

Comment

How about somthing like this?

Assuming you are thin enough to carry it off and wont end up looking like across between Riff Raff and The Fat Controller.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                How about somthing like this?

Assuming you are thin enough to carry it off and wont end up looking like across between Riff Raff and The Fat Controller.
                That looks quite cool, but I do need female opinions. I quite like the hat too.

Comment

By the wonder of google, inspiration!

Comment

That looks quite cool, but I do need female opinions. I quite like the hat too.
                    I think that you might need the services of BGG for this thread...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X