• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Importance of Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Importance of Reading

Glancing over my extensive collection of books-I-haven't-had-time-to-read-yet, I took down The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing, which my brother gave me for Christmas 2008.

I found £50 tucked inside the front cover

Not quite as impressive as the time I left £130 of Christmas money in the side pocket of a bag for nineteen months, but still good to see

I am so glad this is not a thread singing the praises of Winnersh Triangle.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Glancing over my extensive collection of books-I-haven't-had-time-to-read-yet, I took down The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing, which my brother gave me for Christmas 2008.

I found £50 tucked inside the front cover

Not quite as impressive as the time I left £130 of Christmas money in the side pocket of a bag for nineteen months, but still good to see
      Get round to the ban(k) with your novel
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There was me thinking this had something to do with a certain Championship side knocking the scousers out of the FA cup. Football mad me.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Talking of reading, have you proof-read your .sig, SY01?

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Talking of reading, have you proof-read your .sig, SY01?

Never ever change your sig when pissed.

The last one read

"That's the way the credit cumbles"

until I woke up and fixed it the next day.

Then the missus saw it and told me to pull it. I'm so bitch-whipped.

Comment

Never ever go near a computer when pissed.
              FTFY

Now please send the above back to me, but do it 20 years ago before I sent the email to the entire 350-strong IT department telling them how I felt.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                FTFY

Now please send the above back to me, but do it 20 years ago before I sent the email to the entire 350-strong IT department telling them how I felt.
                <Cranes forwards, left eyebrow raised subtly higher than the right one>

Go on dear boy ....

Comment

Never ever change your sig when pissed.

The last one read

"That's the way the credit cumbles"

until I woke up and fixed it the next day.

Then the missus saw it and told me to pull it. I'm so bitch-whipped.
                  You let the missus see you on CUK???

Mr C just rolls his eyes, tuts and walks out of the room.

I've only just stopped shutting the browser when he appears (out of embarrassment, I admit..).
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Mr C just rolls his eyes, tuts and walks out of the room, then fires up the TEMPEST equipment he's hidden in the loft so he can see what I'm up to.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X