• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is The Crisis Fixed?? Your Thoughts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is The Crisis Fixed?? Your Thoughts....

Seems like a lot of jobs are out there in the banking world..

Personally I still thnk that banks are going to make a lot of write downs and that housing is going to be a problem

What do the more experienced bunch on here think is likely to happen??

Joey, what's your view on gladiator's market? On the other thought don't tell me - I am not that interested.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      Some random tulip.

As usual there'll be a few people who manage to make money out of pretending they understand things, mainly by relying on other people not grasping that what happened in the past is no indicator of what will happen in the future.

Then some random thing will happen, the whole shebang will go tits-up, everybody will wring their hands wondering how this could have been allowed to happen, and the whole ridiculous merry-go-round will start up again.

Comment

If we knew that we'd be astronomers.

Comment

Seems like a lot of jobs are out there in the banking world..

Personally I still thnk that banks are going to make a lot of write downs and that housing is going to be a problem

I am rather flatulent this afternoon.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            I am rather flatulent this afternoon.
            Do you know what? I was a bit too.

Not particularly smelly, but noisy enough to establish my authority around the house.

Comment

I think the banks will be in trouble when government backing is withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think the banks will be in trouble when government backing is withdrawn.
                We're in the phoney war at the moment. Structurally the economy is in deep, deep sh*t.

Comment

Calm before the REAL storm...
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The banks will be recruiting strongly. Rates sem to be going up, after quite a few adverts for 350, I´m seeing more higher offers now 500-600, even saw one for 750, even if it´s fishing it´s still higher than previous fishing adverts. Had an email from a recruiter (permie) who said that many banks are getting ready for a big recruitment drive....starting mid January

This is it guys....the recovery starts tomorrow.

By the way if you want a permie job in a bank, now is the time, because most are sitting tight waiting for their bonus.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X