• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More snow and chaos on the way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More snow and chaos on the way

Snow and ice - here we go again!

Although guilty of smugness driving around unaffected in the wife's 4x4 of late, I like the picture of the Range Rover on this page. Not sure what the driver was doing to end up there but I bet it shook her up a bit.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Although guilty of smugness driving around unaffected in the wife's 4x4 of late, I like the picture of the Range Rover on this page. Not sure what the driver was doing to end up there but I bet it shook her up a bit.
    Indeed, petrified at the prospect of the sleety showers followed by heavy rain forecast.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The entire story is hung on the following:
      Meteorologist Paul Mott said: "It looks like it will turn colder in the mid-part of the week and there is a risk of some wet snow looking ahead to Tuesday night and Wednesday.

"There is rain coming from the west and we are expecting that to be preceded by snow in central England and North Wales."

So that's a risk (not a certainty) of a small amount of wet snow (which doesn't usually settle) after which it will rain (which will melt any snow that has settled).

Nothing in there to suggest any kind of chaos on the way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The entire story is hung on the following:
        Meteorologist Paul Mott said: "It looks like it will turn colder in the mid-part of the week and there is a risk of some wet snow looking ahead to Tuesday night and Wednesday.

"There is rain coming from the west and we are expecting that to be preceded by snow in central England and North Wales."

So that's a risk (not a certainty) of a small amount of wet snow (which doesn't usually settle) after which it will rain (which will melt any snow that has settled).

Nothing in there to suggest any kind of chaos on the way
        WNFS
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Snow shows up bad driving quite impressively no matter how good the car is.

Not looking forwards to more snow, but it's winter and I live in Yorkshire so it's pretty inevitable.

Comment

I live in Buckinghamshire and we're not used to it here.

Comment

still plenty up here linky

Comment

That 4x4 driver should be banned for life .
                In my village some idiot drove the exact same car through the town at probably over the speed limit(definately over 30) while the road was covered in snow and ice - they were zooming along. Picture a small village with narrow side roads leading out onto a quietish main road, where kids and cars can suddenly appear out of the side roads. 4x4 with good tyres, they're not going to stop easily

Just because they have 4wd they think they can drive at normal dry road speeds. I hate such cars sometimes as the drivers just have no idea and can end up causing problems due to their overconfidence in poor conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                  Just because they have 4wd they think they can drive at normal dry road speeds. I hate such cars sometimes as the drivers just have no idea and can end up causing problems due to their overconfidence in poor conditions.
                  The handbook that came with my last motor was quite emphatic that 4WD is no substitute for winter tyres and adapting your driving to suit conditions.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                    That 4x4 driver should be banned for life .
                    In my village some idiot drove the exact same car through the town at probably over the speed limit(definately over 30) while the road was covered in snow and ice - they were zooming along. Picture a small village with narrow side roads leading out onto a quietish main road, where kids and cars can suddenly appear out of the side roads. 4x4 with good tyres, they're not going to stop easily

Give me a 4X4 driver over a BMW driver anyday..
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                    X