• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baileys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baileys

Love it - shame I only have a miniature bottle

Lord I'm bored

I find that it is best not to start raiding the mini-bar when staying away for a gig because that can cause a hefty dent in the profit from said gig.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
      I find that it is best not to start raiding the mini-bar when staying away for a gig because that can cause a hefty dent in the profit from said gig.
      You have never hear of the eleventh commandment

'Toucheth not the mini bar'

Took the kids away last year and they looked at the bottles, purely out of curiosity. I had a coronary, mini stroke and my eyeballs popped out when I saw the bill.

They charge you for just looking at the bottles.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

They charge you for just looking at the bottles.
        You should look at the small print - they take the cost off the bill if you turn up at reception with the bottles (as long as you haven't drunk them obv.)....
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          You should look at the small print - they take the cost off the bill if you turn up at reception with the bottles (as long as you haven't drunk them obv.)....
          Oh I did. I got my money back.

They take the money once the bottle is lifted from its place. I suppose this is to stop people drinking it then replacing it with water or something.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The Tesco Finest cream liqueur is a lot nicer than baileys - has a good quality Whisky with fresh cream, nothing else.

Much easier to slip down...........

Must be very calorific though with all that cream plus the alcohol!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Love it - shame I only have a miniature bottle
              I have a theory that the glass of a Baileys bottle is really thick, as there never seems to be much in full size bottle.

Or perhaps we should just get smaller glasses.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

They take the money once the bottle is lifted from its place. I suppose this is to stop people drinking it then replacing it with water or something.
                Shocking - who would ever do such a thing ?!

Ok - it was me

Comment

Oh I did. I got my money back.

In the case of Baileys, that 'something' might be less appetizing than water.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    I have a theory that the glass of a Baileys bottle is really thick, as there never seems to be much in full size bottle.
                    I was nearly swayed by a temptress ahead of me in the supermarket queue the other day. My purchases a few veg and wotnot; her purchases some fine cheeses and a bottle of Baileys.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X