• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy Murray will win the Ausie Open...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Murray will win the Ausie Open...

... on way to a 2010 grand slam!

of course he will
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think the chances of Andy Murray winning a Grand Slam event this year are about 60-40 against. But as far as a Brit Men's winner goes, that is the best they have been in my lifetime, and I am the wrong side of 50!!
      So.....fingers crossed then!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I think the chances of Andy Murray winning a Grand Slam event this year are about 60-40 against. But as far as a Brit Men's winner goes, that is the best they have been in my lifetime, and I am the wrong side of 50!!
        So.....fingers crossed then!
        Murray is easily the best Brit in my lifetime, and I go back to Roger Taylor. So good luck to him. Murray that is.

I once thought Rusedski might do it, after reaching the US final, but he could never string seven good performances together.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Murray is easily the best Brit in my lifetime, and I go back to Roger Taylor. So good luck to him. Murray that is.

I once thought Rusedski might do it, after reaching the US final, but he could never string seven good performances together.
          His game was all about the serve. The rest was just too week to ever go the distance. Murray is the real deal, but winning a major isn't easy, especially in the age of Fed and Nadal. Anyhoo, c'mon Andy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            His game was all about the serve. The rest was just too week to ever go the distance. Murray is the real deal, but winning a major isn't easy, especially in the age of Fed and Nadal. Anyhoo, c'mon Andy!!!!!!!!!
            And the age of Del Potro. And Roddick. And possibly Djorkovic.

Could this be a golden age?

Comment

And the age of Del Potro. And Roddick. And possibly Djorkovic.

Could this be a golden age?
              The strongest I can remember ... that's why this years grand slam will be the greatest ;-)

PS Not sure Roddick's quite up there, fantastic player all the same.

Comment

The strongest I can remember ... that's why this years grand slam will be the greatest ;-)

PS Not sure Roddick's quite up there, fantastic player all the same.
                Wimbledon 2009... he's playing better than he has for five years.

Comment

Wimbledon 2009... he's playing better than he has for five years.
                  No one ever remembers who comes second.

Comment

No one ever remembers who comes second.
                    You married?

Comment

Working...
                    X