• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

identify the language

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identify the language

i tried portugese and spanish

Ta chateadinho cachorrinho

i think it might be 'you cheating cockroach'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Puppy or whelp. Apparently.

http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto|en|cachorrinho
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Where were you when the young lady said it......... always a good clue

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Where were you when the young lady said it......... always a good clue
        It's a guy I pillaged over the weekend , in a game. (Red Barchetta)

seems I got the longitude right, but not the latitude, he's Brazil not USA.

Its allways a good sign , I feel, when the opposition call you a cat headed puppy.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

It's a guy I pillaged over the weekend , in a game. (Red Barchetta)

seems I got the longitude right, but not the latitude, he's Brazil not USA.

Its allways a good sign , I feel, when the opposition call you a cat headed puppy.

Son of a bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Son of a bitch!
            really ?

that could explain why the free online translator wouldnt cope.

I'll write it out 100 times on the forum before morning

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Been doing some digging, and "chateado" is Portugese for "upset". See http://translate.google.com/#pt|en|chateado%0A. Also, from a few examples I found, it appears that "chateadinho" is a kind of made-up diminutive meaning "a bit upset" (probably ironically, i.e. "a *lot* upset)

Likewise, "cachorro" is Portugese for "dog", and I presume cachorrinho is another jocular diminutive.

So, although the word "Ta" is still a mystery, I'd translate the phrase as something like "a yappy little dog".

edit: Or maybe it's the Portugese equivalent of "not a happy bunny", i.e. "a slightly upset little dog"
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 18 January 2010, 13:25.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Been doing some digging, and "chateado" is Portugese for "upset". See http://translate.google.com/#pt|en|chateado%0A. Also, from a few examples I found, it appears that "chateadinho" is a kind of made-up diminutive meaning "a bit upset" (probably ironically, i.e. "a *lot* upset)

Likewise, "cachorro" is Portugese for "dog", and I presume cachorrinho is another jocular diminutive.

So, although the word "Ta" is still a mystery, I'd translate the phrase as something like "a yappy little dog".

edit: Or maybe it's the Portugese equivalent of "not a happy bunny", i.e. "a slightly upset little dog"
                It's a phase/insult, you can rarely do direct translation of those types of things at least not without making it sound weird/stupid, like take Churchill's translation, translate that directly back into another lnguage and you end up with "son of a female dog" which will leave people scratching their heads

Best to just stick to Churchill's translation as it translates the meaning/intention the best

Comment

It could be "Tá instead of Ta and if you assume the "ho" is a diminutive suffix the text literally translates into:

"Right annoy bitch"

which probably is simply an insulting phrase in Brazillian Portuguese.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    It could be "Tá instead of Ta and if you assume the "ho" is a diminutive suffix the text literally translates into:

"Right annoy bitch"

which probably is simply an insulting phrase in Brazillian Portuguese.
                    I tried and another couple of accents in Google Translate, but each came back untranslated.

BTW, on the subject of accented letters, is there a smart way in Windows to type them on a UK keyboard, short of copying and pasting individual letters from a carefully prepared "sample" text file?

I know about ALT NUM hash hex.. and all that geeky numeric keyboard DOS carp, but I mean an easy to remember way or better still some smart handy add-on (like the brilliant and indispensable WordWeb for spell checking) ?
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 18 January 2010, 14:42.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X