• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 day meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 day meeting

I’ve just been ‘invited’ by some directorish functionary with a distinctly Bangalorean sounding name to a project meeting which will start at 0930 tomorrow morning and last until 1700h on Wednesday. Aside from the impertinence of requesting my presence at such short notice, what in heaven’s name is the point of a two day meeting? Is anybody capable of producing useful thoughts after 1 hour in a meeting, never mind two days?

Bloody permiebobs.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I’ve just been ‘invited’ by some directorish functionary with a distinctly Bangalorean sounding name to a project meeting which will start at 0930 tomorrow morning and last until 1700h on Wednesday. Aside from the impertinence of requesting my presence at such short notice, what in heaven’s name is the point of a two day meeting? Is anybody capable of producing useful thoughts after 1 hour in a meeting, never mind two days?

Bloody permiebobs.

I'd take a good book with you...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I'd take a good book with you...
      And a laptop.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

get a pair of scissors and cut the corner off one of your trouser pockets.
        I will PM you the rules and scoring of a game called 'pocket billiards'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If there's no agenda, it's not a meeting it's a chat.
          "Dear Director Bob,

I think you sent this to me in error. I am but a humble tester, busy breaking your lovely systems.

I shall assume I am not required unless I hear otherwise.

Mich."

That's how permies in the Civil Service get out of going to my Project Initiation meetings, risk capture meetings, progress meetings, closure meetings, lessons learned meetings, etc.
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 January 2010, 11:52.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            If there's no agenda, it's not a meeting it's a chat.
            "Dear Director Bob,

I think you sent this to me in error. I am but a humble tester, busy breaking your lovely systems.

I shall assume I am not required unless I hear otherwise.

Mich."

That's how permies in the Civil Service get out of going to my Project Initiation meetings, risk capture meetings, progress meetings, closure meetings, lessons learned meetings, etc.
            There is an agenda; it’s all about roadmaps, acceptance and release criteria, program structure, business cases, organization and so on. In other words, some project director hasn’t got a plan, so he wants the rest of us to come and tell him what to do and then some poor minion will have the job of writing it all down.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There is an agenda; it’s all about roadmaps, acceptance and release criteria, program structure, business cases, organization and so on. In other words, some project director hasn’t got a plan, so he wants the rest of us to come and tell him what to do and then some poor minion will have the job of writing it all down.
              Remember - 'he who writes the minutes runs the meeting'
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There is an agenda; it’s all bollox In other words, bollox
                FTFY

2 day meeting - the only answer is 'Koff

Comment

Reject the request until such time as your boss forces you to go.

Comment

He is testing your patience surely...

Comment

Working...
                    X