• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutchman with a lisp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutchman with a lisp

Anyone who’s spoken English with Dutch people will know that they tend to have trouble pronouncing the ‘th’ sound in the English language, turning ‘the’ into ‘de’ and ‘this’ into ‘dis’.

But I just spoke to a Dutchman with a lithp. Seeing as there was also a non-Dutch speaker involved in the conversation, we spoke English. I thought that the Dutchman’s natural talent would make him the only Dutch person in the world able to pronounce the word ‘the’ correctly. But no, to my astonishment, he said ‘dith is not a ferry good idee; I tink we should refer dis to tech support firtht’.

How could such a naturally gifted individual still get it so wrong?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    How could such a naturally gifted individual still get it so wrong?
    Are you naturally gifted???

Anyway - Get your "God Like" Title thorted out!!!!!

Comment

What was his name? Wobbin Van Purrthie?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Anyway - Get your "God Like" Title thorted out!!!!!
        Cloglike?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Cloglike?

But you still need to get yours sorted!

Clodlike.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            But you still need to get yours sorted!
            Such as Tramp-U-Like?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X