• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you hate your work collegues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you hate your work collegues

Boy, these people really do...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Excellent.

Comment

colleagues.

Fleetwood.

Comment

Only worked at 2 places where I could really say yes to that question. One was years ago and the other was my last contract. There, anybody who was any good or had any kind of personallity was turfed out or given crap work to do while the interesting stuff was divvied up amongst a certain group of individuals. Kind of explains why the job was in such a mess.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

We nicknamed him "the optical mouse" because he had no balls,

excellent

Comment

I don't know if it's me, but the UK ones are funnier than the US ones, I think that the US ones just seem to show real anger without much of the wit.

Loved the one about the fifty year old woman who went to the temp's office to drop her guts!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              Only worked at 2 places where I could really say yes to that question. One was years ago and the other was my last contract. There, anybody who was any good or had any kind of personallity was turfed out or given crap work to do while the interesting stuff was divvied up amongst a certain group of individuals. Kind of explains why the job was in such a mess.
              Tony, three questions:

Did you actually hate anyone there (apart from me that is)?

Do you think being a Manchester United supporter worked against you?

How are you enjoying your work colleagues in Cheshire?

Comment

"Did you actually hate anyone there (apart from me that is)?"

Marc, you I would lump in the category of people who I enjoyed working with. Along with Rod Simpson, Will, Steve and a couple of the AD guys. There was the Aussie **** Bruce and the rest of the little team who ballsed the project up who I couldn't stand, not least the baldy fooker I had to work with. This is a guy who was supposed to have a SQL server background but decided to write our database in Access, dispite not knowing anything about it. Had he used it as a training exercise then I could have seen it as the sort of thing I may have done, but he used it because it meant he could wash his hands of any of the database stuff. He also didn't understand VBA and so could not automate anything, meaning that he couldn't actually do anything - yet the kept him on. Then we have the scottish bint I worked for. In one meeting she announced that I may have to stay late on Fridays dispite my long commute home (220 miles) and the fact that we had a data guy (baldy fooker) who lived around the corner.

Do you think being a Manchester United supporter worked against you?

Probably - but I wanted to get out after my second week.

How are you enjoying your work colleagues in Cheshire?

Absolutely fine. I'm enjoying this project massively in comparisson to that pile of sh1te in Staines.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Blimey Tony, I'm glad I got out when I did. The Baldy Fooker - do you mean AW? I never knew what he did.

I can't say I hated anyone, but there was something wrong somewhere. My old team leader (BW) felt she was juggling with soot. We used to get revised plans and technical specs every week. She told me that her contract is up in a few days, and they are not renewing her - despite there being tons more work to do now than when she was last renewed. And who can forget how they treated Paul.

I didn't realise how hard-nosed the scottish bird was.

BTW I just heard from Steve - he's working for a bank in Cardiff.

Comment

Me and AW were supposed to split the work. I was supposed to do all the reporting and manage the data collection process. He was supposed to be the DBA. What transpired is that I did everything and he saw himself as my boss - something I had to put him right on (a number of times). Before I went on holiday I was asked by the scottish bint to handhold the DBA through the process of churning the data and producing the reports. Instead I automated it all so that all the useless gimp had to do was push a button. I had to ensure it worked without any faults because I knew that 'Tony didn't show me that' would have been his response.

AW A totally and utterly useless pile of tulipTe

That Bruce was a fooker too!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X