• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Light or the Dark Side?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Light or the Dark Side?

This evening I have two offers to tempt me off the bench.

A permanent job or a 6 month contract with my previous client. Neither is an obvious choice. The permanent role will be safe but boring while the contract is going to be fraught, will need long hours, isn't particularly well paid and will age me more than the six months duration.

So which way should I jump?

I will be accepting CVs and holding telephone interviews towards the end of this work for those people who wish to take responsibility for varnishing the bench.

Do you really need to ask given what you described?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post

A permanent job or a 6 month contract with my previous client. Neither is an obvious choice. The permanent role will be safe but boring while the contract is going to be fraught, will need long hours, isn't particularly well paid and will age me more than the six months duration.

Sounds like a normal everyday contract then! If you want to work 9 to 5 go permie!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Join the Dark Side young Luke, feel the Farce.

Permie & hating it
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think you're all missing the point of OH's post.

Well done on getting TWO offers!

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Take the contract.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I think you're all missing the point of OH's post.

Well done on getting TWO offers!

WRCS
              Nice one
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I will be accepting CVs and holding telephone interviews towards the end of this work for those people who wish to take responsibility for varnishing the bench.

I think you've made up your own mind.

Congrats on the offers!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is it that obvious?

At the present moment I have both waiting on my response but my choice could be influenced if one were to says I can bleed a radiator or varnish a chair whenever the fancy takes me.

Comment

A permanent job or a 6 month contract with my previous client.

I.
                    First time you go in for your "performance review" towards your 1% bonus you'll regret it ... contracting forever, no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                    X