• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifesto

Would you vote for this?

1. Education will be our number one priority, and we will increase the share of national income spent on education as we decrease it on the bills of economic and social failure
    2. There will be no increase in the basic or top rates of income tax
    3. We will provide stable economic growth with low inflation, and promote dynamic and competitive business and industry at home and abroad
    4. We will get 250,000 young unemployed off benefit and into work
    5. We will rebuild the NHS, reducing spending on administration and increasing spending on patient care
    6. We will be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime, and halve the time it takes persistent juvenile offenders to come to court
    7. We will help build strong families and strong communities, and lay the foundations of a modern welfare state in pensions and community care
    8. We will safeguard our environment, and develop an integrated transport policy to fight congestion and pollution
    9. We will clean up politics, decentralise political power throughout the United Kingdom and put the funding of political parties on a proper and accountable basis
    10. We will give Britain the leadership in Europe which Britain and Europe need
    Step outside posh boy

No. Too vague. Less soundbites and some more meat on the bones please.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
      Would you vote for this?
      1. Education will be our number one priority, and we will increase the share of national income spent on education as we decrease it on the bills of economic and social failure
      "Education, education, education". Heard it all before.

2. There will be no increase in the basic or top rates of income tax
      Don't the Merkins follow this with "Watch my lips"?

3. We will provide stable economic growth with low inflation, and promote dynamic and competitive business and industry at home and abroad
      = "static economic growth" and = "promote business and industry at home by selling it to abroad"

4. We will get 250,000 young unemployed off benefit and into work
      I have been hearing that farcical claim for 30 years now. It actually happens naturally, every year as one lot of the young unemployed get older and another lot leave school.

5. We will rebuild the NHS, reducing spending on administration and increasing spending on patient care
      ... by outsourcing the admin to Trusts and thereby eliminating it from one budget, thereby making the patient care budget appear to be a greater proportion of the total. I've worked in the public sector and know how these lies work.

6. We will be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime, and halve the time it takes persistent juvenile offenders to come to court
      ... and then let them off.

7. We will help build strong families and strong communities, and lay the foundations of a modern welfare state in pensions and community care
      That's just pipe-dreams, fluff and flannel. They forgot to delete that text from a previous speech decades ago and now think it is like saying "Regards" on the bottom of an email.

8. We will safeguard our environment, and develop an integrated transport policy to fight congestion and pollution
      ... by paying people to import new cars and continuing to expand airports and continuing to allow airlines tax-free fuel. That "Integrated Transport System" idea was scrapped years ago.

9. We will clean up politics, decentralise political power throughout the United Kingdom and put the funding of political parties on a proper and accountable basis
      "... i.e. political parties will be funded by the tax payer."

10. We will give Britain the leadership in Europe which Britain and Europe need
      Utter fantasy. Charlemagne, Napolean and Hitler are the only ones who came close to doing that.

a) Which party's manifesto is that? (I think it is one of two.)

b) Which year was it published? (Labour, circa 1995 I reckon.)
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Bnp?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          a) Which party's manifesto is that? (I think it is one of two.)

b) Which year was it published? (Labour, circa 1995 I reckon.)
          Well spotted. Labour, 1997. It's what we voted for and got for the last 13 years. Anyone for any more?
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Well spotted. Labour, 1997. It's what we voted for and got for the last 13 years. Anyone for any more?
            Mmmmm. You sure about that bit.

Maybe we should make them do a variance analysis between forecast and actual; and then make them explain the difference.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Would you vote for this?
              Vote for it? I'd invoke Godwin's law and invade Poland immediately.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
              X