• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's a first - advertising language GCSE's on the radio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a first - advertising language GCSE's on the radio

there's a first

listening to CapitalFM,

advert just came on some chap explaining how he never thought he'd need to use the German he did at school and now he works in Germany...

the end slogan was 'try life in another language, try a language GCSE'

I wonder who is sponsoring these adverts ?

is this the beginning of the subtle message, learn a language at night school and get the feck out of blighty ?

Milan.

I'm now doing French and German at night school. I must be gullible.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      there's a first

listening to CapitalFM,

advert just came on some chap explaining how he never thought he'd need to use the German he did at school and now he works in Germany...

the end slogan was 'try life in another language, try a language GCSE'

I wonder who is sponsoring these adverts ?

is this the beginning of the subtle message, learn a language at night school and get the flip out of blighty ?

Milan.
      You should do English.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

f a c k orf

nice ad campaign, shame they didn't do it 25 years ago

Milan.

Comment

Shame they didn't do it in December when my friend's kids were working out their options.

Still, it's only taxpayer's money.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            f a c k orf

nice ad campaign, shame they didn't do it 25 years ago

Milan.
            They didn't need to do it 20-25 years ago - a modern language GCSC was compulsory.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
            X