• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Philosophical moment..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Philosophical moment..

It Monday the 19th 2010 9:39am and thought seems clear to me at the minute so I wonder...

If nostalgia appeared before you and said 'Welcome back', I wonder if a tear would be shed for the loss of today and the days that follow. A history reminisced is one worthy of preservation, whether good or bad; without this how else can righteous that we seek become us?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It Monday the 19th 2010 9:39am and thought seems clear to me at the minute so I wonder...

If nostalgia appeared before you and said 'Welcome back', I wonder if a tear would be shed for the loss of today and the days that follow. A history reminisced is one worthy of preservation, whether good or bad; without this how else can righteous that we seek become us?
    It's Tuesday today.

Have you been "losing a few days here and there" for long?

Comment

Gosh so it is.

I work, cough, Monday's from home...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There you go kids, don't do drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          There you go kids, don't do drugs.
          Do drugs, just don't ever stop.

Comment

And what is good scooterscot, and what is not good -- need we ask anyone to tell us these things?
            EO's answer is no, we merely need someone to show us that we already know. But if we don't need anyone to tell us that we don't need telling, and if, in the awkward event of our really not knowing what is good, no amount of telling will help you, then EO is out of business.
            Knowledge is not what we learn and study and cram. Knowledge is what we recollect. Nostlagia is fond recollection and is valued in the story teller, that beware of sick sentimentality that is valued by the bogus

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              And what is good scooterscot, and what is not good -- need we ask anyone to tell us these things?
              EO's answer is no, we merely need someone to show us that we already know. But if we don't need anyone to tell us that we don't need telling, and if, in the awkward event of our really not knowing what is good, no amount of telling will help you, then EO is out of business.
              Knowledge is not what we learn and study and cram. Knowledge is what we recollect. Nostlagia is fond recollection and is valued in the story teller, that beware of sick sentimentality that is valued by the bogus

If we already know why so often do we choose to ignore it? Are our memories that short? No. Perhaps discipline of the mind? What of honour? Distractions are plenty in today's world it's a wonder there is time enough to understand our nature never mind reflect upon it.

Good is such a harsh word. Perhaps this is better described as any accomplishment that brings people closer together not through conflict or disaster but moral reasoning; but then again can good ever by good without the bad? What's that saying... The sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Our very nature is a constant balance of opposing conflicts, until I favour one over the other.

Comment

If we already know why so often do we choose to ignore it? Are our memories that short? No. Perhaps discipline of the mind? What of honour? Distractions are plenty in today's world it's a wonder there is time enough to understand our nature never mind reflect upon it.

Good is such a harsh word. Perhaps this is better described as any accomplishment that brings people closer together not through conflict or disaster but moral reasoning; but then again can good ever by good without the bad? What's that saying... The sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Our very nature is a constant balance of opposing conflicts, until I favour one over the other.
                What is good ?

In our world form and substance dominate all. Good is a relatively minor branch of knowledge called ethics where reason, logic, knowledge are our primary concerns. The Hindu concept of the good is dead and we bequeath to our children science, logic and 'the system'.

The good used to be the source of everything, in everything you do try to be excellent. Its been relegated

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Buy a mac.

Comment

I've got 3 already but a 4th would be good.

Was thinking of the quad processor Mac with 16G of RAM, I've got a couple of excel sheets I'd like to run on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X