• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How busy are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How busy are you?

How much of your time to you currently spend being productive and how much looking busy / internet etc. etc ?

Poll coming ...
    Just turning up ticking the boxes on my timesheet until I'm rumbled
    8.57%
    25% Busy / 75% Looking Busy
    37.14%
    50% Busy / 50% Looking Busy
    17.14%
    > 75% Busy / 25% Looking Busy
    22.86%
    I am AndyWs bitch and work 25 hour days without comfort breaks
    14.29%

I'm on the lowest day rate I've been on for around 5 years, and am busier than Amanda Holden's botox nurse. V depressing.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Most of the time i'm probably only 10% busy
      past couple of months have been pretty busy though and the day rate is just above average(based on itjobswatch.co.uk) for what i'm doing so shouldn't complain too much
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I can't be the only one doing sweet FA?

Comment

I am too busy to respond

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

I can't be the only one doing sweet FA?

I put 25% / 75%, and that's on a "very busy" day, and I'm on the best money I've ever been on. Weird situation.

Comment

I find this more difficult than being busy. It's hard to fill a day with nothing.

Comment

Got a contract through these hallowed forums, and I'm actually having to work!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  I put 25% / 75%, and that's on a "very busy" day, and I'm on the best money I've ever been on. Weird situation.
                  I don't find it weird at all, in fact in 5 years of contracting it's been the norm for me, even earning 550 a day and doing nothing for 6 months for an outsourcing team that was doing a project for a multinational telecoms company. Just because they had budgeted for 10 people, they had 10 even though only 2 did any work ...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I'm on the lowest day rate I've been on for around 5 years, and am busier than Amanda Holden's botox nurse. V depressing.
                    I'm on the lowest day rate I've been on for exactly 20 years. I'm working, but I'll be damned if I'll give them my health, sanity, and personal life for that.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X