• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dodgy boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodgy boiler

long story short, boiler stopped working. fault light indicated fan or blocked flue. further checks in manual said check for 230v at fan connections (easy, i'm a spark). no voltage suggested pcb fail. boiler man agreed, changed pcb, now boiler won't get hot enough ( only to 60) and when turning up rads there's no "rush" of water coming in. any suggestions.

Originally posted by DADDEO View Post
    long story short, boiler stopped working. fault light indicated fan or blocked flue. further checks in manual said check for 230v at fan connections (easy, i'm a spark). no voltage suggested pcb fail. boiler man agreed, changed pcb, now boiler won't get hot enough ( only to 60) and when turning up rads there's no "rush" of water coming in. any suggestions.
    I thought for a minute this thread was about my mother in law
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

any suggestions.
      Your old boiler needs a right good sorting.....

Do you like films about gladiators?

Comment

Sigh. Have you tried bleeding your radiators?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I think you've stayed into the wrong forum. Try www.howtomendit.com

Comment

dodgy boiler

Zippy, all the rads are heating to the top, just not as hot as they could be. hot water is fine, heating control knob is maxed out

Comment

Everybody in da house say "Woah!"

Everybody in da house say "Hey! Hey!"

So, Daddy-oh, woss going down, man?

Are we a-movin' to da groovin'?
              I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine. I'll be fine.
              If you give me a minute, a man's got a limit, I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.

Comment

try posting in asktheplumber

http://www.askthequestion.co.uk/ask/

Uk site and Uk plumbers who reply . I have found them to be quite helpful .

Comment

boiler stopped working
                  Yo! So yous a-chillin', man!

Cool!

knob is maxed out
                  Just as it should be, dude, just as it should be!
                  I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine. I'll be fine.
                  If you give me a minute, a man's got a limit, I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.

Comment

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X